This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Field Installation Technician
National data collection company is looking to fill an 1 entry-level position (Traffic Data Field Technician). This job requires travel throughout California. Applicants must have an open schedule to accommodate weekday, weekend, daytime, nighttime or mixed work assignments.
No prior experience is needed.
NDS FIELD DATA TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs data collection devices at designated locations for specified duration of time
- Collects both qualitative and/or quantitative information pertaining to a data collection effort
NDS FIELD DATA TECHNICIAN DUTIES:
- Drives to various project sites as needed for data collection or device installation
- Installs equipment on weekdays or weekends during the daytime, nighttime or mixed based on client needs
- Installs equipment at specified project sites in accordance with client specification and company installation guidelines
- Sketches each intersection to reflect the current condition of the intersection
- Records signal timing and signal phasing concurrently and three times at each intersection
- Records and communicates observational information per client specifications
- Manually conducts various field studies requiring the active collection of quantifiable and/or quantifiable information
- Uploads or emails the collected data to the company per company specifications
- Communicates via email and phone any potential disruptions to the average traffic flow including construction, inclement weather, accidents or lane closures immediately upon identification
- Communicates via email any issues encountered during equipment installation or during equipment retrieval immediately upon occurrence
- Sends three emails to management daily; one email to confirm receipt of the schedule; one email to confirm that all installations were successful or to notify management if the schedule cannot be met (followed by a phone call); one email to report the result of equipment retrieval that includes any identified issues with causes. This email should also contain the expected date and time of day that data submission to the company will occur.
- Maintains field equipment to ensure that all equipment operates smoothly
- Maintains the company vehicle to ensure that suggested maintenance needs are met and to insure any and all repairs are handled promptly
- Basic computer knowledge and good communication skills are needed for this position.
- Travel is REQUIRED for this position. Frequent overnight stays depending on work location distances.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs frequently.
- Excellent communication
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Basic knowledge of computers (downloading, attaching files to e-mail)
- Good sense of direction
- Open availability
- Willing to travel
National Data & Surveying Services At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.