To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential performance requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the training, experience, knowledge, and skills required for this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions listed above.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of facility maintenance experience required.
- Knowledge of facilities management for multiple locations.
- Knowledge of grounds care.
- Knowledge of basic construction techniques.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, power washer, painting equipment and related items, and extension ladder to height of 15 ft.
- Proper use of safety equipment (PPE) to include goggles, safety shoes, face shield, long sleeve shirt, hat, dark glasses, leather apron and other items required by manufacturer equipment suggestions.
- Product knowledge of the following: panic hardware, door and door frames, flooring, painting, minor electrical, suspended ceiling install/repair, lawn care, hand tools, power tools, cabinet repair, electrical water heaters, dish machine maintenance.
- Ability to read a map and formulate routes for deliveries.
- Ability to use email for correspondence and work orders.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Proficiency in use of 16’ trailer to include towing, backing, loading of equipment, and hooking/unhooking preferred.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (read, write, and speak) desirable.
- Staff will be required to submit proof of their vaccination status or may request to be exempt from vaccination due to a religious and/or medical accommodation
- Certificate or license, as applicable, by the appropriate State agency as a qualified practitioner.
- State of Texas vehicle operator’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- Ensures that clients have access, as needed, to all five pillars of the social determinants of health with a trauma informed lens through Agency services and/or community partners.
- Inspect and provide grounds care to include mowing, trimming, debris removal, lot stripping, playground surface maintenance, tree trimming, and power washing as required.
- Inspect and provide repairs and general maintenance for the use of space and facilities to include water heaters, ceiling, A/C filters, dish machine supply, sinks, lavatories, wall repair, door repair, lockset repair, panic hardware repair, light fixture repair, and ballast replacement.
- Assist with equipment installation and preventative maintenance.
- Perform building inspections to meet Quality Assurance and Agency reporting; and detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the Manager, Facilities.
- Responsible for delivery and distribution of mail and various purchased items to the satellite centers, schools and offices supported within the Agency.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Attend agency staff and support meetings as required.
- Maintain good relationships with stakeholders (including current and potential clients, community and co-workers) focusing on providing excellent and culturally sensitive customer service and always presenting a positive image of the agency.
- Maintain a working environment which encourages mutual respect, promotes respectful and congenial relationships between employees and is free from all forms of harassment.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including presentations to community groups and organizations, in accordance with the agency’s “team” philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Family Service At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.