Facility Maintenance Engineer
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
Check out this video for more information on our great company!
The Houston Marriott Westchase is one of the largest full-service Marriott hotels in Houston. We offer over 604 renovated guest rooms and more than 40,000 square feet of event space, including the 10,000-square foot Grand Ballroom, two boardrooms and 18 additional meeting rooms. Come join our elite staff of committed hospitality industry professionals and help us deliver best-in-class guest experiences. We are conveniently located off of Beltway 8 and Westheimer. Our friendly and positive atmosphere makes us an ideal place for guests — as well as employees! Find out today what a career at the Houston Marriott Westchase with Pyramid Hotel Group can mean for you!
We are a large hotel, and as the General Building Maintenance Engineer you will be expected to survey and inspect the hotel and property daily, while maintain guestrooms and back of house areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades, including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and masonry to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel.
This is a Full-Time position that requires the flexibility to be able to work AM and PM shifts, with a schedule that will include a combination of weekdays and weekends.
- Daily inspect guestrooms, public spaces and back of the house areas for general maintenance, cleanliness, safety and needed repairs, replacement, and/or touch ups.
- Immediately repair or report mechanical, structural or safety issues in and around the hotel.
- Address guests issues and requests with a sense of urgency.
- Perform basic plumbing functions such as repairing faucet, toilet, shower leaks and replacing sink hardware.
- Prepare and paint/finish walls, wall coverings, ceiling surfaces, furniture or specific areas throughout.
- Performs route repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, plumbing, pool equipment and HVACs.
- Ensure proper operation of tools, housekeeping equipment and other mechanical or electrical machinery.
- Must have at least (1) year experience working in building maintenance; Hotel or Hospital environment preferred.
- Must have basic experience in all maintenance trades, including electrical, plumbing, mechanical, carpentry, and painting.
- Experience using basic hand and power tolls.
- Fluency in the English language; verbal, reading and writing, and can effectively communicate information.
- Able to move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 50 lbs and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance; able to push, pull without assistance pull up to 200 lbs.
- Able to climb ladders up to 30 feet high and reach in all directions, often times overhead.
401k after 90 days, company match at 50% to 6%
Medical/ Dental/Vision Insurance
Company-paid Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Awesome Vacation and Paid Time-Off Policies
Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
Pyramid Global Hospitality Discounts
Pyramid Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Pyramid Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Houston Marriott Westchase At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.