The Office of Administration provides a wide range of services to ACS customers and staff to increase and support the ability of the Society to attain membership goals. It is composed of several units which provides support to ACS employees located at the Washington, DC headquarters and operations. First is, Information and Customer Resource Center (ICRC) and Building and Administrative Services, which performs research and makes information resources available to staff and governance to further the study and development of Chemistry in addition to administering the ACS Intranet. Second is, the Office of Society Services (OSS) which is responsible for consolidating Society products and services into a cohesive high-quality customer service center. Finally, there is Building, and Administrative Services Department includes Facilities, Purchasing, Travel, Conferencing and the Service Center. These teams provide a range of support for all ACS staff and tenants in the Washington, DC office including property management and facility support services, procurement functions, travel services for ACS leadership, shipping/receiving and copy services.
This position is in Building and Administrative Services - Facilities and Building Operations Division – with the primary mission to promote the organization’s productivity by providing the ACS staff with a top-quality work environment. To accomplish this, the team must respond quickly, efficiently, safely, and professionally to maintenance work requests, conferencing reservations, relocations, and renovations annually.
This position is responsible to support the Facilities team to ensure the successful execution and completion of customer needs. Responsibilities include administrative tasks, expense and contract processing, employee moves/relocations, furniture management, work order coordination/management, conferencing support, and other necessary coordination or administrative support for the Facilities team.
- Work directly with customers in a friendly, professional, and expedient manner.
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, financial coding, invoice processing, expense tracking, and contract submissions.
- Manage individually assigned tasks or work orders such as, mobile devices, furniture inventory, move support, lockers or on-site garage parking.
- Direct and guide contractors as assigned to ensure contract compliance, and update leadership with reports and feedback as required.
- Assists Conferencing team as needed for set up and tear down of conference halls and meeting rooms, AV and conference room system scheduling.
- Develop proficiency in facility and organizational application systems used by the department for execution of tasks.
- Work closely with engineers and facility team to support creation, assignment and processing of work orders.
- Contact vendors as directed for scheduling and coordination of service.
- Maintain updated floor maps and office occupancy. Update partners who require this information.
- Support team for personnel moves, adds and/or changes with all involved parties.
- Provide hands on support for all facility teams, including janitorial, engineering, telecom, security or mail as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years or more of experience in similar or related field
- Highly Motivated, Task Driven, Organized and Excellent at Execution
- Demonstrated ability to build a rapport.
- Customer focused with a team player mentality.
- Excellent at easily and effectively communicating with multiple stakeholders daily.
- Must possess a degree of skill in organizing to properly plan the details and anticipate potential problems that may arise.
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization and outside contractors, architects, and engineers.
- Knowledge and experience in planning, prioritizing, and organizing a complex workload.
- Computer knowledge of MS Office, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and familiarity with Work Order Systems.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- While performing the responsibilities of the position, the worker be required to safely lift or move furniture or supplies (chairs, tables, supplies).
- The worker is frequently required to stand or walk for extended periods of time (excess of 30 minutes) throughout the facility (multi floor corporate office environment) and reach with arms and hands.
- The worker is required to talk and hear.
- The worker is often required to use their wrists, hands and/or fingers, to handle, grasp or feel, making substantial movements.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This position will be primarily based in the Washington D.C. office. ACS employees work a hybrid work schedule, consisting of working onsite, three days per week. ACS employees are in the office on Tuesday and Wednesday with the third in-office day scheduled in consultation with the manager. While always welcome to work in the office, employees may work the other two days of the week from a location of their choice. New employees are immediately eligible for this hybrid work arrangement. ACS offers relocation assistance, if applicable.
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology, Research
American Chemical Society At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.