Facilities and Equipment Technician
Facilities and Equipment Technician(s) report directly to the Houston Plant Manager. This is an advanced skill level position that requires an individual who demonstrates excellent technical and mechanical skills, efficient grasp of troubleshooting methods, good documentation and communication skills, understanding of mechanized equipment, and demonstrates the motivation to problem solve and develop solutions. This person is responsible for safe and professional troubleshooting, repair, and maintain equipment at the Houston Plant. This person is responsible for maintaining repair logs on all equipment at the Houston Plant.
- Ensure that all installation vehicles and equipment are in good working order and properly maintained.
- Keep a log of all equipment including routine maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain, troubleshooting, repair, and/or calibration equipment at Houston Plant.
- Work with Houston Production Manager to schedule and routinely clean and maintain production equipment.
- Operate all Houston installation trucks/welders and production equipment.
- Communicate with Production Manager and Plant Manager in an effective way to report issues with equipment and machinery.
- Communicate with installers and production equipment operators to understand the operation of the equipment and the issues reported regarding their failure to properly.
- Communicate with internal teams to determine the best means and methods to achieve project objectives, deadlines, and budgets.
- Manage and organize expense reports for equipment repair.
- Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, & crouch in and around tightly configured spaces. Must consistently lift and carry 10 pounds and lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Travel to vendors and mechanic locations as necessary.
- Regular hours are daytime M-F. NOTE: Priority equipment repairs will require additional hours and weekends.
- Proficient in reading/writing/typing in English. Comprehend written, visual, and verbal instructions. Experience presenting information in small group situations. Excellent reasoning skills related to cause and effect.
- Excellent ability to identify critical troubleshooting details to minimize repair times.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with production employees and contractors in a professional and effective manner.
- Exceptional teamwork, communication, time management, data processing, multi-tasking skills, with an understanding of urgency and critical issues is required.
- Completion of 10hr in OSHA 1910 and/or 1926 within 3 months of hire date.
- (2) written work-related recommendations from previous/current employers, or instructors, or co-workers
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of Facilities Maintenance or similar work experience; or a Journeyman’s card in a Building/Construction Trade.
- Two years commercial electrical experience in an industrial environment and/or accredited training from a trade school or college.
- Strong experience with computers, internet, smart phone/tablet, and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid State Driver’s License at all times.
Watchfire Signs LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.