This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Facilities Maintenance Technician
Rocketship Public Schools Milwaukee is looking for a facilities “jack of all trades” who is always striving to create safe and functional learning environments. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Regional Director of Operations with support and coaching from the national facilities team. The initial set of responsibilities is outlined here, but there will be continual opportunities to grow and specialize.
- Support the Rocketship mission, vision, and strategy for facilities and how it supports the schools and, ultimately the communities that Rocketship serves
- Campus & Office Maintenance
- Complete work order requests
- Solve issues identified during routine inspections and quarterly audits
- Complete minor repairs relating to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and fire/life safety systems
- Complete specific recurring maintenance tasks across all regional campuses, e.g. power washing, touching up paint, etc.
- Assist with ongoing landscaping, snow removal, and beautification projects.
- Supports special projects as directed by the Facilities and Operations teams.
- Procure repair parts, materials, tools, and equipment within budget and approved by the Facilities team and Regional Director of Operations.
- Support campuses by responding to facilities emergencies directly and/or working with vendors
- Conduct routine inspections of all campuses and offices to ensure the functionality of equipment and maintenance of school campus facility standards
- 5+ years of maintenance technician or handyman experience across a portfolio of properties
- Evident passion for Rocketship’s mission, matched with a strong work ethic and a belief that all students, including those with special needs, can achieve academic success
- PC-based computer skills and Internet navigation
- Ability to use our online work order management system (FMX)
- Experience using email and calendaring applications (Google-based applications)
- Ability to quickly adapt to new computer programs and software
- Past success at being a “jack of all trades” capable of doing everything from power washing to minor electrical work (changing bulbs, ballasts), minor plumbing work (snaking drains, unclogging toilets, fixing minor leaks), minor sheetrock repairs, and painting.
- Experience troubleshooting facilities issues and escalating when necessary
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- The candidate should have access to a vehicle and possess a valid driver's license to be able to transport materials and tools between locations.
- Milwaukee, WI
- Requires daily travel to the two schools in the region.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools’ employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Human Resources.
Rocketship Public Schools At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.