FY24 EY Law/Financial Services Office - Entity Compliance & Governance - Manager
Location: New York
EY Law – Entity Compliance Governance – Manager
Businesses face continuing challenges to adapt to increased resource and cost pressures due to accelerating regulatory complexity and the need to better leverage technology and data. EY Law serves high-profile, national and multinational clients. EY Law’s Entity Compliance and Governance (“ECG”) practice is focused on helping clients effectively manage statutory corporate secretarial compliance and ad routine compliance obligations proactively and responsibly. Our quality service and technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their legal function. ECG is a component of EY’s larger Legal Managed Services practice.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Manager in our ECG practice. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local expertise and project management experience with standard global compliance methodology providing clients an integrated service that unlocks the potential of the compliance and reporting function across the entire governance process. Mentored by nationally recognized professionals (including the firm’s most senior talent), you’ll be a trusted business advisor by delivering on our promises to our stakeholders - and play a critical role in building a better working world.
At EY, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
ECG assists in design, implementation and operation of global entity compliance and governance processes for our clients’ legal departments. Our capabilities include implementation of centrally managed global outsourcing/co-sourcing models that provide clients with greater control and visibility over entity compliance and governance activities, access to global team members with expertise (tax, finance, payroll, legal, corporate governance, tax technology and data analytics), and development of new operating models to address new markets entry, finance transformation initiatives integration, and implementation of shared service centers. You’ll assist in the migration of legal entity reporting and governance compliance processes from local countries to the centers, validation and governance utilizing one global platform to track the end-to-end process and provide subsidiary governance throughout legal-entity life cycle to mitigate risk and increase corporate transparency.
In addition: generate an inventory of legal statutory compliance requirements, potential risk areas assessments, and develop operating blueprints to implement effective management and visibility over the global compliance and reporting function and help leverage big data and data analytics to align the local record-to-report process and global tax accounting, compliance, controversy and planning. As a Manager, you’ll lead engagements that span 60+ countries with local teams of 300+ people.
Skills and attributes for success
- Scoping of new opportunities: develop proposals and participate in oral presentations; provide high-quality services/work products; build relationships with clients understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
- Build technical competence: keep updated on global trends, developments and regulations and apply them
- Understand EY methodologies/tools to enhance service delivery, challenge current procedures to find new approaches
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of ECG professionals
- Desire to manage book of business and increase revenue through winning new business and expanding current client opportunities
- An understanding of general corporate legal principles including corporate governance, M and A, business organizations, etc.
- Working knowledge of basic business economics
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, supported by significant tax or legal experience; JD/LLM preferred
- Active state bar membership
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in professional tax organization or law firm
- Financial Services experience is a plus
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation, statutory reporting, payroll or other related finance activities
- Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills; problem-solving ability and attention to detail
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Client-facing exposure in a global role
- Experience driving new business opportunities and developing pipeline
What we look for
We are seeking to identify high-potential Managers to deliver exceptional client service and enable the continued growth of our practice, with a demonstrated ability to team with and motivate others, and demonstrated ability to build meaningful and influential relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.