FACILITIES / MAINTENANCE WORKER (Full Time)
FACILITIES / MAINTENANCE WORKER
Salary Range: $18.00 to $27.00 per hour (DOE and state)
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for repairs, troubleshooting, corrective (repair/unplanned/modification) and preventative (planned) maintenance of associated systems and equipment. The technician must be able to work both independently and as a team member. Considerable independent judgment and initiative is repair and maintain facilities. Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Repair, service, and maintain buildings, systems, equipment in various properties.
- Perform corrective and preventative repairing, modifying, in retails operations
- Performing minor roof, floor, painting, plumbing repairs as well as dry wall installation.
- Perform routine inspections of the restaurant premises to identify and address maintenance needs.
- Maintain and repair plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems as needed.
- Regularly inspect, clean, and service equipment to ensure they function efficiently.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on kitchen appliances and equipment.
- Coordinate with external service providers for more extensive equipment repairs.
- Ensure the restaurant's physical appearance is attractive and well-maintained.
- Monitor and maintain fire safety equipment and systems.
- Conduct safety checks to identify potential hazards and take corrective actions.
- Assist in implementing security measures to protect restaurant property and assets
- Repairing minor concrete and blacktop repairs.
- Communicate effectively with restaurant management and staff regarding maintenance issues and repairs.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure a smooth operation and positive guest experience.
- Any other work that may be requested of the maintenance department
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
- Hands-on or vocational school training, and a minimum of 5 years of experience as a general maintenance or an equivalent combination.
- Previous experience in maintenance or a related field is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform minor repairs.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to adapt to a fluid environment
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude under stressful work conditions
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Some local travel may be required
- Work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized
- Demonstrates good judgment, integrity, trust, ethics, and values.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekend shifts, and holidays.
- Must be willing to work altered shift schedules/overtime as needed to support the business
- Must have working (hands on) knowledge of the following: Electrical, plumbing, patching, and painting and general handyman work
Gjelina Group At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.