Equipment Operator-Forestry Technician
Job Description: This position will help Markit! execute various forestry projects and be responsible for assisting in the proper maintenance, preparation and operation of all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and heavy machinery. This position will report to and work closely with Project Foremen and Superintendent.
Location: Projects may be located throughout the State of Arizona and surrounding states.
Travel: 50-75% but may be up to 100% depending on the project assignment. Lodging and per diem provided as well as adequate time off for rest.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate Markit!’s heavy forestry equipment (e.g. Skidder, Feller Buncher, Log Loader, Harvester, Delimber, Masticator, Tracked Skidder, Dozer, Excavator, Chipper) as appropriate for each project.
- Perform chainsaw felling operations, including directional felling, limbing, and bucking.
- Manage slash operations, including lop-and-scatter, chipping, and hauling.
- Perform road work, excavation, lifting work, site clean-up, etc.
- Control erosion by contour felling and LEB creation and installation.
- Responsible for completing and submitting proper daily inspections and maintenance on assigned machine(s), requesting any necessary repairs/maintenance from the Fleet Department.
- Adhere to Markit!’s safety standards and promote safety culture among crew members, including the proper use of machinery and equipment and resolve problems when they arise.
- Participate in weekly job site maintenance training conducted by the Foreman.
- Perform equipment repairs/maintenance.
- Prepare to spend multiple overnights at project sites, as necessary.
- General forestry labor, as necessary and appropriate.
- 1- 3 years of experience in operating heavy machinery, forestry industry preferred.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have the ability and desire to perform strenuous outdoor work on rough terrain in a variety of inclement weather conditions.
- Quick and able learner with strong leadership skills and a keen eye for details and good decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and stress and handle emergency situations.
- Effectively complete work projects on time.
- Ability to utilize safety procedures.
- Physical ability to bend, squat and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Technical skills and ability to use a smart phone and/or tablet.
- Competitive wages.
- Annual reviews.
- Health insurance including medical, dental and vision.
- Supplementary insurance including life, short and long term insurance.
- Paid holidays, vacation and personal time.
- Retirement with company match.
- Company provided training for career advancement.
Markit! Forestry Management LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.