Environmental Services Technician
- The Environmental Services Technician I, II and/or Lead contributes to the effective operations of the Environmental Services department by daily cleaning and supplying of patient rooms, treatment rooms, restrooms, utility rooms, nurseries, nursing stations, lounges, offices, waiting areas, and other areas as assigned in accordance with standard policies and procedures.
- Uses applicable cleaning equipment, products, and supplies in performance of job responsibilities.
- Removes trash and linen from the facility. Projects an image of professionalism in both verbal and non verbal communication, appearance and conduct.
- Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures. This knowledge may include the use of specialized equipment, Quality Control requirements, and preventive maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service and “owns” successful patient/customer interactions while providing safe and high quality cleaning standards including recognizing, comprehending, and following the meaning of designated signs, symbols, and written instructions as trained.
- Environmental Services Technician I (EVS I) The Environmental Services Technician I performs a variety of general daily cleaning tasks to maintain patient care areas which includes isolation rooms, discharges, offices, corridors, bathrooms, public areas, collecting regular trash, regulated medical waste, soiled linens, vacuuming and other assigned areas of the facility (discharges not to exceed more than 75% of daily shift time).
- Essential Functions: Effectively cleans and sanitizes patient rooms and departments utilizing the proper cleaning methods, equipment and chemicals. Includes cleaning of bathrooms, walls, windows, doors, floors and carpets. Empties trash, wastebaskets and linen hampers and transports soiled linens according to department standards.
- Cleans and maintains trash chute room floors/walls/vents.
- Assists with distribution and storage of supplies. Safely and securely handles and transports medical waste; ensures medical waste storage areas are secured at all times.
- Recognizes, comprehends and follows the meaning/direction of, designated signs, symbols and written instructions.
- Cleans and organizes janitor closet per department and regulatory standards; ensures janitor closet is locked and secured at all times.
- Uses chemicals in a safe manner; uses dispensers correctly to fill labeled bottles and containers with correct chemicals at all times as trained. Adheres to health and safety standards.
- Participates in the training of new employees and offers guidance, assistance and direction to less experienced personnel.
- Required: Ability to read, speak, understand, and follow written and verbal directions in English with a basic range of comprehension sufficient for understanding job specific forms, documents, signs, symbols and written instructions. Recognizes and comprehends emergency and urgent situations and is able to react and communicate so others understand.
- Ability to work well with others, follow instructions, and schedule flexibility due to needs of hospital. Lead EVS Tech must exhibit leadership skills and be able to oversee the work of peers and effectively communicate with team members and all levels of management in the organization.
- Preferred: High School graduate or GED.
- Ability to write in English. Basic computer skills to include the ability to utilize email program and complete computer based training courses with minimal assistance. Previous hospital and/or hospitality housekeeping experience.
- Experience with the operation of a variety of cleaning equipment such as vacuums, extractors, bovac, roto.
Job Types: Contract, Part-time
Salary: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Irvine, CA 92618: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
eTeam Inc At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.