Pay Rate: $23.50 Telecommute Status: Onsite Announcement:
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Environmental Services Technician
Job Code: U31 - CC- EVS Tech SOCAL OC
HR Title Group: Commercial Contracts (Custodial & Landscape)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: April 2020
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under close supervision the Environmental Services Technician performs environmental services at a variety of facilities. Employees in this job class perform a variety of functions to assure facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. This job class requires knowledge of custodial practices and the ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
1. * Cleans, dusts, and polishes cabinets, furniture, lockers, and woodwork following safety protocols are infection control procedures.
2. * Cleans stairwells, hallways, restrooms and offices.
3. * Cleans wall surfaces, ceilings, baseboards, floor surfaces, doors, venetian blinds, ledges, vents, toilets, metal fixtures, shelves, furniture, privacy stalls, windows, and light fixtures.
4. * Empty and clean waste receptacles; vacuum floors; assist in moving and arranging furniture and equipment as needed.
5. * Disinfect and sanitize areas, stock and refill bathroom dispensers with papers, sanitary, and soap products.
6. * Selecting proper cleaning materials and supplies in order to complete daily tasks.
7. * Reads, interprets and follows material safety data sheets and chemical/cleaning product directions for use and warning/precaution information.
8. * Responsible for scheduled pickups of trash, biohazard waste bins for facility.
9. * Technicians are required to work any shift and schedule in a variety of settings throughout the facility and may be required to work overtime and float to other work locations as determined by the operational needs of the facility.
10. * Maintains storage closet.
11. * Responds to environmental emergencies and requests for assistance.
12. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
- Experience in environmental services custodial work preferred;
- Ability to learn specialized methods of environmental cleaning;
- Ability to read and follow written instructions on labels for proper and save use of chemicals, supplies and equipment;
- Ability to communicate effectively and to present information and respond to questions from clients, customers and others;
- Human relations skills to build effective working relationships with staff, customers, and others;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities.
High School Diploma or GED
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
- Maneuvering in and around the worksite
- Standing and walking
- Bending, kneeling, squatting and stooping
- Lifting or moving boxes or equipment up to 30 pounds
- Climbing ladders
Employees may be required to work in confined space and in aseptic areas with exposure to dirt, dust, odors, chemicals, and infectious disease; and may work in high security areas with protocols. Employees may also be exposed to, depending on the weather, elements such as wind, rain, cold and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.