Entry Level Instrumentation Technician
Entry Level Instrumentation Technician
- Calibrate and maintain mechanical, pneumatic, chemical, electrical and electronic process controls, and measurement instrumentation to approved procedures.
- Understanding, evaluating, and executing the tests and procedures properly and investigating the Maintaining and setting up documentation and control procedures
- Executing preventative maintenance inspections on all instrumentation equipment
- Generate Instrument Deviation Reports (IDR) for out of tolerance calibrations of process instrumentation and promptly notify the department facilitator and site I&E supervisor.
- Develop and maintain calibration "Standard Service Procedures" (SSP) documents and database.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, calibrating, and testing a wide variety of industrial instrumentation such as control valves, transmitters, radars, levels, Controlling and regulating level, flow, pressure, and temperature meters
- Perform installation, tuning, and testing of new process controls and instruments.
- Interpret, evaluate, and document calibration test results.
- Safely and efficiently execute daily tasks related to calibration and instrumentation activities.
- Must have basic computer skills including MS office applications (e.g., MS Outlook, MS Excel)
- Extensive knowledge of computer programs to include MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Basic math skills which include the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Provide support for and maintain relationships with internal customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to twenty-five pounds and may frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Qualifications Required for this Position.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Instrumentation Certification, Plant Maintenance experience preferred.
Certifications/ Licenses: Instrumentation Certification, TWIC, and Valid DL
Experience: 3-5 years of Journeyman level experience.
Austin Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See the “Know Your Rights” poster available in English and Spanish.
See the “Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision” poster available in English and Spanish.
No Third-Party Inquiries Please
This Company does not accept and will not consider unsolicited resumes, or any other unsolicited candidate information submitted to the Company or any of its employee-owners by staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters in response to a posted vacancy. The Company will not pay any placement fee(s) without a written agreement to do so (i.e., payment must be required pursuant to the terms of a written agreement).
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs or have accessibility concerns, please contact the People Services Team at (877) 831-1217.
Licenses & Certifications
Austin Industries At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.