The Metro Boston Area is looking for an experienced and motivated Electrician II, to install and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, and apparatus and control equipment in state building or institution; performs related work as required. Supervise other trade workers on assignment to Metro Boston facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general Summary and not all inclusive):
- Develops and implements preventative maintenance plans for all electrical system, equipment, and devices.
- Planning layout and installing and maintaining electrical wiring, fixtures, apparatus, and master control, monitor and interfaces with contract.
- Repairing electrical equipment and apparatus such as motors, generators, regulators, and alarm systems.
- Testing and charging storage batteries and repairing and replacing electrical parts.
- Operating and maintaining testing switchboards and power panel. Visual inspection of Sub Station-One and Sub Station Two. Ensure Security, Fire Safety, and Safety and Integrity of the area. Feedback to Director of Facilities & Maintenance and Mechanical Engineer of findings.
- Reading electrical meters and recording meter readings.
- Cleaning and lubrication of electrical machinery and equipment and maintaining an inventory of parts and equipment.
- Supervising of trade workers or electricians under Director of Facilities & Maintenance and Mechanical Engineer in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical wiring systems and equipment when necessary.
- Operating and maintaining motors, generators, switchboards and similar electrical devices and equipment.
- Oversee annual electrical apparatus inspection and annual tagging for inspection per JCAHO standards.
- Inspect and approve new purchase and or refurbished electrical equipment prior to use by client and caregivers.
- Tag out and tag in all apparatus and equipment that are deemed unsafe.
- Interface with contracts under the Director of Facilities & Maintenance and Mechanical Engineer in resolving testing and maintaining utility systems.
- Responsible for facility life safety equipment and apparatus operation per NFPA and JCAHO standards.
- Valid Massachusetts Journeyman or Master Electrician License.
Solomon Carter Fuller MHC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.