Responsible for installing basic electrical equipment and wiring power systems in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards.
- Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, conduit, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with electrical equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Performing interlock wiring as required.
- Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices.
- Inspecting installation sites and studying work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Reading contract drawings.
- Identify, troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctioning systems during emergencies and unforeseen events to locate the cause and provide a solution.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits utilizing test devices.
- Install, test, troubleshoot and maintain electrical systems according to American, International and/or host nation electrical standards and codes.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with four years’ experience
- Journeyman Electrician License is preferred NOT required
- Electrical OEM factory specific training or experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, blueprints, floor plans, construction documents, safety requirements, OEM operating instructions, job specifications and MOP's.
- Ability to utilize hand tools and test equipment to perform maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical equipment. Must be able to troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of building automation systems and their components
M.C. Dean, Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.