AMF is growing and looking for Electrical Engineer to provide engineering design for AMF Workhorse products. This includes current standard machines/systems, custom products, legacy products, and sales support. This position is responsible for hardware and software design for machine and/or control systems for assigned AMF projects. Electrical Engineer will work in conjunction with the Control Specialist to issue, maintain, and update project related documentation. Responsibilities include assisting assembly during system build, machine/system check out, field service assistance and installation as required.
How you will impact AMF:
- Electrical Machine Design which includes all power, control systems and electrical diagrams required to meet the customers specifications for each project assigned.
- Understand, design and practice machine safety and Lean Management.
- Design control systems from concept to completion. The design and components are to be in accordance with AMF Standards
- Assemble complete and accurate Bills of Materials (BOMs) for the Machine/System design
- Design and develop Machine/System Programs in accordance with AMF Standards
- Design and develop Machine/System Operator Interface programs in accordance with AMF Standards
- Provide field service technicians remote support during system service calls, installation, and commissioning
- Provide on-site troubleshooting and startup support as needed
- Provide solutions for End of Life (EOL) components within AMF systems to support customer needs.
- Determine spare parts list for AMF systems
- Assist the Applications Engineering and Product Managers during the scope phase of a potential project
- Travel up to 20%
- Other tasks or duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field. A combination of an AA degree and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years Electrical/electrical engineering experience.
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Dynamics 365 desired
- A "self-starter".
- Ability to work well with others and project a good image for AMF.
- Knowledge of industrial communications (Ethernet/IP, DeviceNET, Profibus, etc.)
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC and Operator Interface hardware and software (primarily Compact Logix and Panel View Plus series)
- Ability to understand and design electrical control schematic ladder diagrams
- Working knowledge of industrial electrical and control systems
- 600 VAC and less, 3Ø control systems
- Motors, servos, low voltage DC devices and sensors
- Ability to specify, assist with installation, debug and start-up of electrical control and power system equipment
- PLC programming skills necessary to make a machine function properly and safely
- Operator interface programming skills necessary to run machine easily and without confusion
- Be able to understand how a machine mechanically functions.
- Be able to apply electrical components to a control system to make the machine run as designed
- Understand and have the capability to apply electrical codes and regulations such as NFPA 70, NFPA 79 and UL 508a as well as agency approvals to control systems manufactured at AMF
AMF Bakery At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.