This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
Duty Engineer (Nights)
We are here for life’s journey.
Where is your life journey taking you?
Being the heartbeat of Denver means our heart reflects something bigger than ourselves, something that connects us all:
Humanity in action, Triumph in hardship, Transformation in health.
Under minimal supervision is the sole point of contact for the building operations of the entire organization. Provides oversight of the building automation system, pneumatic tube system, medical gas systems and other building systems. In addition, repair and install a variety of equipment including facilities equipment requiring certification in skilled trades such as heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration stationary engineering, fittings for steam and hot water, and standard performance in other skilled trade areas. Also, performs maintenance technician tasks outside of HVAC, as necessary to maintain hospital building operations.
- Handles emergency repairs and maintenance in operations as required, and “after hours” emergency repairs throughout the campus as required, in an expeditious manner to minimize disruption of services to patients.
- As the sole point of contact for the organization building during shift work, coordinates and manages outside contractors performing emergency repairs or after hours work.
- Performs general building maintenance tasks.
- Perform tasks to maintain the operational status of the facility’s building automation system, including adding and removing equipment from the systems and updating the software.
- Performs tasks to maintain the operational status of the facility’s pneumatic tube system.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Five years in one or more of the following required: Maintenance, electrical, plumbing or HVAC, Required
- One year experience using building automation systems or equipment information systems, Required.
- Working knowledge of building systems.
- Knowledge of facility engineering equipment and terminology
- Ability to diagnose and solve technical and/or system problems of varying complexity.
- Basic knowledge of all hand tools, equipment and machinery required to perform the jobs/tasks of a maintenance technician
- Abiliy to read and understand building drawings
- Able to work in a fast paced, changing and sometimes stressful environment where you must be flexible and learn quickly
- Effectively communicate technical information in a discussion or training setting and ensure understanding.
- Attentive to timelines of systems operations and able to complete work according to deadlines and in collaboration with others
Shared leadership and advancement opportunity
Immediate retirement plan matching
Professional clinical advancement program
Participation in evidence-based projects
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer
National Health Service Corps (NHCS) and Colorado Health Service Corps (CHSC) eligible employer
Denver Health is an integrated, high-quality academic health care system considered a model for the nation that includes a Level I Trauma Center, a 555-bed acute care medical center, Denver’s 911 emergency medical response system, 10 family health centers, 19 school-based health centers, Rocky Mountain Poison & Drug Safety, a Public Health Institute, an HMO and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado’s primary, and essential, safety-net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided billions in uncompensated care for the uninsured. Denver Health is viewed as an Anchor Institution for the community, focusing on hiring and purchasing locally as applicable, serving as a pillar for community needs, and caring for more than 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located near downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Denver Health values the unique ideas, talents and contributions reflective of the needs of our community. For read more about our commitment to diversity visit:
Denver Health At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.