Driver - Patient Service Technician
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Load and unload medical equipment, oxygen and supplies onto and off of delivery vehicles.
- Deliver medical equipment to homecare patients; including, setting up the equipment, instructing patients on the basic use of the equipment and assisting patients in solving problems regarding equipment use. Will also pick up medical equipment.
- Ensure patients do not suffer service failures by proactively communicating estimated arrival times with patients and/or family members.
- Complete daily delivery logs, pick-up and delivery forms, reimbursement documents and vehicle maintenance logs via paper or electronic means (cell phone and/or iPad).
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance and daily inspections including the checking of gasoline, oil fluids, tire pressure and brakes. Responsible for reporting any issues or malfunctions to leadership.
- Respond to critical situations as appropriate, during regular business hours and on an on-call basis.
- Comply with all applicable traffic laws and regulatory requirements; including, practicing safe driving habits, providing required documents needed for the Driver Qualification File, abiding by hours of service, daily log and hazardous materials (placarding, training and shipping papers) regulations..
- Adhere to mandatory reporting requirements; physical abuse of any family member, unsafe home environment for care ordered, unsanitary conditions or animals causing such, or insufficient food for children.
- May clean and assist with the repair of equipment.
- May assist with the scheduling of daily deliveries and pickups, ensuring they are organized in a timely and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications (External):
- High School Diploma required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- At least one-year related work experience required
Minimum of three years driving history required.
- Must possess an active, valid Driver’s License at all times
- Successful completion of Apria Healthcare's Driver Training Program
- Meet job-related requirements to comply with D.O.T., F.D.A. and Joint Commissions regulations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Patient Focused
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Effective Communication
- Integrity/Personal Credibility
- Basic computer skills
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic math skills
- The employee uses computer and telephone equipment.
- Regularly required to use hands to write, use computer, operate a motor vehicle, use a handheld device (tablet), telephone and use a document imaging system and manipulate documents.
- Regularly required to read documents and write neatly, legibly and transcribe accurate information and numbers/values.
- Employee continually engages in activities that require talking and hearing.
- This position requires frequent variations including sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, reaching or stooping.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job safely include close vision, distant vision, night (low to limited light) vision and the ability to adjust focus to work on a computer and read documents.
- Strength Aspects:
- Frequently required to stand and lift objects from 1” to 36” high with weights ranging from 10 lbs - 160 lbs, and carry objects for distances ranging from 1 ft -350 ft, including travel up and down stairs or in elevators.
- Frequently required to push or pull objects weighing from 20 lbs – 60 lbs, up and down stairs, through doorways and thresholds, using dollies or carts, or on flat or angled surfaces which may include outdoor surfaces, carpeting or smooth floors. Distances pushed or pulled could range from 1-25 ft on average.
- Frequently required to grip objects with hands, up to 15 lbs of force.
- Frequently required to grip objects with fingers, up to 10 lbs of force.
- Body Position and Flexibility Elements
- Frequently required to climb 100 stairs on average ranging from 3”-10” in height,
- Frequently stepping in and out of company vehicles ranging up to 20” in height.
- Occasionally required to climb ladders up to 10’ high, in general.
- Frequently required to bend down at the waist to a torso level of 24” above the floor.
- Frequently required to reach, on average, 20” away from the body.
- Occasionally required to kneel on one or both knees and squat to perform many of the above tasks.
- The employee is required to inspect and safely operate a motor vehicle during the day and night and in a wide range of weather and traffic conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment can range from low to high but varies based on the locations or activities proximate.
- There is moderate exposure to dust, fumes, mists, odors and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled environment in buildings or vehicles and various outdoor conditions and temperature extremes that could be encountered throughout the year in a variety of US states.
- Lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting indoors, natural lighting outdoors and low light conditions consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
- May be required to receive vaccinations and participate in medical assessments and testing consistent with the work environment or patients exposed to.
- Will be required to wear various personal protective equipment consistent with the hazards encountered in this role.
- Will be required to use hand tools for assembly and repair, material handling equipment, cutting, carrying devices, cleanup kits or equipment.
- May be required to work with cryogenic fluids requiring special precautions and PPE.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
Apria Healthcare At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.