Hayes Performance Systems was founded in 1946 as HH Products, a Milwaukee manufacturer of parts for outboard motors and small engine components. Today, we are a multi-national business boasting world class operations in North America, Asia and Europe.
Since 1969, Hayes Performance Systems has been located in Mequon, Wisconsin. The site includes offices and a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility spanning 155,000 square feet, where 300 senior executive, sales, engineering, support and production staff are employed. Hayes Performance Systems employs approximately 600 employees worldwide in the U.S.A., Taiwan, China and Germany.
General Overview: The Designer will work in a support role with Engineering to develop brake components and new products. This candidate must be strong in time management, creative thinking, achieve departmental KPIs, and be adaptable when new projects and priorities are provided.
Company Values: Hayes Performance Systems believes all of our employees should have
Passion for their career, treat others with
Empowered to make change, act as an
Entrepreneur, and be held
Accountable to each other.
Responsibilities and Duties Include and Not Limited to
- Assist with creation, organization, maintenance, and processing of Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
- Use specialized software to edit or create models and drawings of products adhering to company standards or guidelines
- Create models and procure rapid prototypes
- Assist with DFMEAs when developing a new product
- Perform basic part measurement, fit-up, or lab testing as needed
- Create and modify tolerance stacks for new and existing products
- Assist in vehicle testing when needed
- Lead or support prototype and test fixture procurement
- Create drawings or models for quotation purposes
- Perform basic FEA as needed
- Support Research & Development components and projects as needed
Required Skills: Associate degree in Mechanical Design or equivalent and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience required; Experience with Advanced CAD Modeling and Drawing Creation using PTC Creo or equivalent software preferred.
Benefits: Hayes Performance Systems offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as 401-K, vacation and holiday pay, tuition reimbursement and more.