At National Business Furniture (NBF), we believe in the power that inspiring spaces can have to help people achieve big things. We have worked with hundreds of thousands of businesses across the country – from startups to Fortune 500 companies – to equip their workspaces with beautiful, comfortable, and functional furniture for nearly 50 years. Named one of the 2023 Top Places to Work in Southeast, WI by Top Workplaces and the Journal Sentinel.
We’re presenting an exciting opportunity for a Design Manager, in Milwaukee WI. The Design Manager will lead a talented Space Planning & Design Team to create high-quality designs, aiding our sales efforts. This role fosters a culture of excellence, teamwork, and efficiency. Your responsibilities encompass coaching, nurturing growth, and upholding accountability for goal achievement.
Here’s a General Overview of What You’ll be Doing:
- Manage the NBF design team, provide leadership and direction including hiring, on-boarding, training, work assignments, development opportunities, and performance evaluations
- Provide guidance on goals and objectives through clear, effective, timely and constructive feedback
- Manage workload balancing for incoming design projects
- Collaborate with Design Team and Sellers to ensure design projects are registered, assigned and completed according to negotiated schedules
- Utilize dashboards and tools effectively to manage the work process, KPI reporting and metrics
- Responsible for achieving team and individual metrics as defined by Director of Sales Support
- Use customer and sales feedback to monitor the status of projects and to identify problems with work processes in order to improve the quality, quantity, and timelines of design work
- Monitor quality of design output through checks and balances in place (spec check process; feedback and audits).
- Monitor that designers are utilizing the most recent version of CET & CAD/CAP software and that the appropriate software licenses have been acquired
- Coordinate appropriate software training to ensure designers have the most up to date tools
- Manage outsourcing process with vendor partners to ensure deadlines, budgets and goals of projects are achieved
- Meet with clients, prepare presentations on design capabilities and promote the sale of design services on key sales opportunities
- Must also take on project work periodically when business needs require it
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- 8-10 years of experience in a design related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience
- Proficient in CET, Spec, AutoCad, and CAP design softwares, along with other technical design programs
- Strong computer skills in various software programs (word processing, spreadsheets, project applications, database, furniture design and specification software, presentation software)
- Involvement in design industry, specifically within IIDA, ASID, or IFMA
- Excellent verbal and written skilled required. Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Good problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive understanding of code implications and regulations specific to the commercial furniture industry
Nice to Have:
- Commercial Furniture Experience
- Salesforce Experience
- NCIDQ Certification
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at National Business Furniture or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (800) 558-1010 or contact us at HR@NBF.com.
National Business Furniture LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.