Dart Refrigeration Technician
Monitor and repair all commercial refrigeration / kitchen equipment and air conditioning systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
- Test lines, components, and connections for leaks.
- Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks.
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts, and reassemble repaired systems.
- Read wiring schematics to determine location, size, capacity, and type of components needed to repair refrigeration, Kitchen, and HVAC equipment.
- Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system.
- Order, pick up, deliver, and install materials and supplies needed to maintain equipment in good working condition.
- Install expansion and control valves, using acetylene torches and wrenches.
- Mount compressor, condenser, and other components in specified locations on frames, using hand tools and acetylene welding equipment.
- Keep records of repairs and replacements made and causes of malfunctions.
- Communicate with customers about the work being performed.
- Fabricate and assemble structural and functional components of refrigeration system, using hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment.
- Drill holes and install mounting brackets and hangers into floor and walls of building.
- Troubleshoot and repair motor controls, control circuits, PLC problems, pneumatic controls, solenoids, limit and proximity switches.
- Perform preventative maintenance as needed on various types of refrigeration systems.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation rules, regulations, and guidelines; notify supervisor of unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; and three to five years related experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Type 1-2 or Universal Refrigeration Certificate
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an appropriate motor vehicle record
Other Skills and Abilities
- 1-2 years' of refrigeration/HVAC/Kitchen equipment experience
- Working knowledge of refrigeration equipment, tools, and refrigerants
- Working knowledge of silver solder tools
- Working knowledge of normal shop equipment and hand tools
- Working knowledge of all electrical phases and voltage
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
Associated Grocers, Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.