DC Operations Supervisor
Our DC Operations Supervisor will supervise and coordinate activities of workers concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping product in the distribution center.
- Plans layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas taking into consideration such factors as turnover and size
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; teaches methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; resolves related problems
- Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving and excess stock.
Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures. Schedules work for periodic cycle counts. Checks and balances warehouse paperwork for correctness
- Responsible for the cleanliness of distribution center and prevention of damaged product
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances
- Supervises any pre-assigned employees in the Distribution Center that are responsible for picking, shipping and receiving product. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policy and applicable laws. Responsible for appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and at least four years experience in the field or a related area
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k plan with a company match. Immediate 100% vesting
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision
- company paid short term disability and employer subsidized long term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Discounted tire and automotive services
- And more!
TBC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Work Environment.
For 60 years, TBC Corporation (TBC), one of North America’s largest marketers of automotive replacement tires, has been a tire company ahead of the curve. Through worldwide operations spanning wholesale, retail, and franchise, TBC also provides automotive maintenance and repair services with best-in-class brands. TBC meets the needs of consumers in search of total car care at more than 3,200 franchised and company-operated tire and automotive service centers under the brands NTB®, Tire Kingdom®, Merchant's Tire®, Big O Tires® and Midas®. TBC serves wholesale customers in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Mexico and the Middle East through NTW, TBC Brands, TBC Dealer Group, TBC International and TBC de Mexico.
NTW At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.