This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
We are looking for a responsible custodian to maintain our private school facilities in Kings Point, Long Island.
Must be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space.
- Clean classrooms, offices, hallways, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways & other work areas
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture using vacuum cleaners
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash & waste to disposal areas
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and polish floors using brooms, mops, and or power scrubbing and waxing equipment
- Dust and polish furniture & equipment
- Set up rooms for special events
- Monitor and secure building
- Perform general building maintenance and minor repairs
- Snow removal and lawn care
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Very good physical condition and strength
- High school diploma is preferred but not required
Hours for this position are Mon - Fri: 9am to 5pm.
Salary: $17.50/hour. Overtime available. Competitive benefits.
North Shore Hebrew Academy At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.