Performs custodial duties to maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space;
- Operates, cleans and services cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaner; floor scrubbing machine, etc.
- Empties trash and garbage containers;
- Services, cleans, and maintains bathroom supplies;
- Dusts office furniture;
- Cleans and maintains employee lounge area;
- Washes windows, door panels, blinds, refrigerator and sills;
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area;
- Notifies immediate supervisor of lighting, repair, painting, heating, etc.;
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies;
- Assists other Pueblo Maintenance divisions as needed;
- Other related duties as, required, and assigned.
High school diploma or its equivalent GED and/or 1 year experience in field; must possess a valid Texas Drivers License and be insurable; Bilingual English/Spanish; must be able to successfully pass a post-offer drug screen and criminal history background investigation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledgeable in general custodial and housekeeping activities. Possess ability to read and understand labels and instructions written in English and knowledge of hazardous chemicals interactions. Must be well-versed on safety procedures and practices. Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, talk and hear. The employee may also be required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch. He employee is occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds. The vision requirements include; close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
This description is a summary of principle responsibilities and is not intended to include all duties which may be assigned.
The right is reserved under provisions PL 93-638 Section (b), (f), (g), (i), 20 USD450 Indian Self Determination and Education Assistance Act of 1974 to give preference and opportunity for employment, training, and contracts to Indians.
Ysleta Del Sur Pueblo At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.