First aid, CPR, Emergency behavior intervention
Work experience: Required – 2 plus years of experience in janitorial or maintenance and knowledge of chemicals and reactions, as well as safe and proper use of cleaning supplies and equipment; Preferred – 3 plus years related experie
2. Maintain safe and sanitized conditions in the agency buildings and equipment that meet or exceed all licensing and policy requirements
3. Operate janitorial and maintenance equipment and report any malfunctioning equipment immediately.
4. Maintain knowledge of equipment used to carry out janitorial and maintenance duties.
5. Participate in scheduled meetings, team decisions and operations.
6. Implement Compass Connections safety protocols including evacuating with children and other staff in case of an emergency.
7. Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed and as requested by the supervisor.
8. Maintain confidentiality in all areas of the child and program operations.
9. Maintain Compass Connections professional and ethical standards of conduct outlined in Compass Connections employee handbook including demonstrating respect for agency staff, children, and community members and complying with required dress code at all times.
1. Clean, sanitize and maintain buildings, and equipment in accordance with agency policies and procedures and applicable local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
2. Report all unsafe conditions to supervisory staff and suggest possible solutions to hazards.
3. Meet all pre-determined deadlines required by program and federal partners.
4. Frequently traverse from one area of the campus to another.
5. Frequently move equipment weighing up to 100 pounds from one area of the campus to another.
6. Foster Care Programs - Support, encourage, and recruit foster parents.
1. Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
2. Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
3. Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background checks.
4. Demonstrate the ability to:
a. Respond sensitively and competently to the service population’s cultural and socio-economic characteristics.
b. Work collaboratively with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
c. Read, analyze, and interpret policy manuals and documents.
d. Work in a fast-paced environment and maintain emotional control and professional composure at all times.
e. Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
f. Organize and plan work.
g. Work effectively and without intensive supervision both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
5. Demonstrate a working knowledge of all Compass Connections policies and procedures.
- Here at Compass Connections, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. Please feel free to apply for this position even if your work experience and education do not align perfectly with every requirement for this job description. You may very well be the perfect candidate for this role or other ones that we have open. Thank you for your interest in joining our mission!
- Compass Connections is committed to following immunization recommendations produced by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). As such, our company policy requires that all employees must receive an annual Influenza vaccination or obtain an approved exemption as a medical or religious accommodation. This is a condition of employment, and all new hires will be responsible for providing proof.
- Compass Connections is an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Compass Connections, not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignments, benefits, layoff, and termination.
#LI-Other #LI-Not Applicable #LI-Full-time
Compass Connections At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.