Custodial Janitor (part-time) - WV
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS!!!
New Leaf’s West Valley Housing Assistance Center located in Surprise will offer emergency housing in 7 apartment-style units to families and individuals experiencing homelessness.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bilingual Differential
- Workers' Comp.
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Dell Discount
- Recruitment Bonus
Schedule (part-time): Looking for a specific shift schedule? Offering flexible start/end times that work best for you!
**Keep in mind - Required to complete our "New Hire Orientation" held on the first work week of employment, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm; subject to change upon completion of orientation requirements which may grant early release of orientation before Friday; orientation not offered evenings or weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 0-1 years of proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Experience working with homeless or economically disadvantaged populations preferred.
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition including but limited to :
- Sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpets
- Washing and sanitizing toilets, sinks and showers and restocking disposables
- Clean up spills with appropriate equipment
- Clean assigned areas including furniture, telephones, fixtures, walls, windows, window sills, blinds and vents
- Ensuring spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- Ensure doors are locked after hours.
- Collect and remove trash and recyclables.
- Performs minor maintenance and replaces lights, ceiling tile, and windows where possible.
- Follow sanitation and disinfecting, universal precautions per CDC standards.
- Ensure PPE, sanitation and disinfecting supplies are stocked and report ordering needs when stock is diminished.
- Knowledge of different cleaning products and tools
- Maintain a high standard of safety and cleanliness throughout the facility and exterior
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Clean 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan:
- Health/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Accrued Sick and Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance & 401(K)
- AD&D / Short Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
A New Leaf At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.