In order to perform this job, you must demonstrate, either by training or experience:
- the ability to work safely, with or without supervision;
- the ability to coordinate the activities of others;
- the ability to work standing, at shoulder height and overhead, for extended periods;
- the ability to lift and manipulate lasher and other cable placement equipment;
- the ability to work aloft, either from a ladder, aerial lift device, or by gaffing;
- excellent manual dexterity;
- the ability to organize work load to determine priority of duties;
- the ability to communicate with Company personnel, customers, and contractors to ensure tasks are completed.
- the ability to understand and operate equipment, including, but not limited to an aerial lift device, lasher, and hand tools;
- Supervise, develop, and provide leadership to employees of an assigned area, department, or project.
- Review tasks and reports to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Implement and maintain processes to assist completion of tasks in support of an assigned area, department, or project.
- Communicate with employees, contractors, vendors, and/or customers to assist an assigned area, department, or project.
- Additional Duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in a related field or 3 years of related work experience.
- Previous supervisory and/or managerial experience.
- Project management skills including planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, background, and motor vehicle record check.
Workplace Environment and Physical Demands:
To be considered for this position, a candidate must possess the ability to sit for long periods of time, while using repetitive and/or fine hand movements to complete computer related tasks and/or other office functions. Work is performed both inside and outside in all weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, and precipitation, and in rugged terrain such as back easements, rural locations and at active construction sites. Noise level can range from moderate to loud and from intermediate to constant.
Benefits and Company Summary:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Savings w/ Company Match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Company Discounts
- Legal Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
Who we are...
Our company supplies the single most critical resource telecom service providers need: skilled people. We serve the nation from more than 50 field offices and are unparalleled in scope and scale.
Our talented workforce of over 1500 employees provides a wide array of specialty services including construction, engineering, underground facility locating, fulfillment, and program management. We provide opportunities for our people to learn and develop the skills and knowledge to be successful in their current role as well as to prepare them for future growth within the company. Join us!
The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Ervin Cable At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.