This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Do you have an interest in becoming an experienced Overhead Crane Service Technician for the world’s largest Lifting Business? Are you skilled electrically and mechanically? Are you able and able to work at extreme heights? Konecranes has many opportunities open across the United States that we are looking to fill with mechanically inclined individuals. At Konecranes, service technicians are the heart of our industry. Our technicians work in a safety-first type of environment and don't mind heights or working on mechanical parts. As a service technician, you will work with 480 3 phase motors, troubleshooting issues with our cranes, and working with clients and facility directors to ensure that our client’s needs are being serviced properly.
- Perform inspections, maintenance and repairs on electric overhead traveling cranes and hoists at varied customer locations. Be available "on call" as part of service office rotation and provide afterhours service.
- Conduct on-site electrical, mechanical, structural and electronic troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs using visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment. Perform a general post repair audit before completion of work, documenting that all required safety features are functional or documenting deficiencies and attaching a deficiency tag to the crane.
- Document findings and make corrective recommendations to the customer including a written "Safety Notification" of any observed or known safety concerns, if appropriate. Determine customer's intentions to purchase repairs and advise local service office of actions necessary to sell or complete the repairs.
- Consult with customer regarding all repair and safety related issues and discuss recommendations to assist the customer with improving their material handling applications, before leaving job site. Determine items requiring quotation.
- Complete and provide proper electronic documentation using the established company digital tools required for each service, obtaining the customer's signature and acceptance.
- Produce sales leads during service calls and report to service office, following established guidelines.
- Read and understand the contents of all OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, HMI and other codes or regulations of our industry. Refresh and update knowledge periodically.
- Complete service reports and other required and appropriate documents in an accurate, neat and legible manner and submit same promptly and following established guidelines.
- Communicating with the service office and Planner, following established practices.
- Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a safe and proper working order. Operate tools, equipment and vehicles. Notify supervisor of any deficiencies for resolution.
- Maintain supply of forms, literature, inventory and miscellaneous materials in the service vehicle. Document use or sale to customer.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
- Maintain company vehicle and uniforms.
- Participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Associate degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year experience involving electrical troubleshooting and mechanical repair. Some electronic experience but not necessary. Prior experience with cranes in a benefit.
Other Requirements: Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver's license. Must be willing to work off the ground. Can work varied overtime, as needed by customer, be available for "on call" as part of the service office rotation and be able to travel and work out of town, on occasion.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Konecranes At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.