Cooling Tower Service Technician – Commercial HVAC
Mechanical Products Nevada is the largest independent HVAC Equipment and Solutions provider Southern Nevada. Our company recently celebrated its 25-year anniversary and has grown to approximately 50 employees serving the vibrant Las Vegas market. We represent over 30 manufacturers, offering innovative systems with a flexibility of equipment and solutions to best match each application. We work with industry professionals and end users from the conceptual stage of projects to provide energy efficient, value‐added solutions to their complex problems.
Our overall mission is simple: we want to create value and make a difference every day in our journey to be the best HVAC sales and service organization in North America. We believe we can succeed in that mission by being the BEST provider for our clients, the BEST partner for manufacturers, the BEST company for our employees, and the BEST investment for our current and future shareholders.
We are seeking an experienced Cooling Tower Service Technician. This position will be responsible for performing chiller-cooling tower inspections and maintenance. An ideal candidate will be customer service oriented and work well with others. Position requires a high level of communication and correspondence with Field Supervisor, Service Coordinators, and customers.
- Complete cooling tower refurbs
- Replace mechanical components.
- Replace the old PVC fill with new PVC fill.
- Work with stainless steel and galvanized steel
- Build custom PVC sweeper systems for tower basins.
- Patch various holes and leaks inside tower
- Apply coating to rusted areas to prevent further corrosion.
- Clean pump suction strainers inside towers
- Clean tower basins and around tower areas
- Clean tower hot water decks or spray nozzles as necessary
- Change or adjust float valves.
- Wash tower fill and drift eliminators
- Install and adjust tower fan belts.
- Check for water leaks in towers.
- Tighten bolts if seams leak.
- Remove debris in tower area.
- Work with site personnel to assist in isolating cooling towers for maintenance or repairs.
- Check for leaks, or other issues.
- Notifies central plant technicians if problems are discovered.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Works with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of the principles of occupational safety and health practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic principles of the use and care of hand and power tools.
- Skill in working around and operating hand and power tools and equipment.
- Skill in performing routine semi-skilled maintenance and repair.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers and customers.
- Skill in operating a company computer utilizing excel and internet explorer.
- Must be able to pass frequent background checks and drug tests.
- Must be able to work 40 plus hrs. a week.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid driver's license.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment, tools, and parts weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, extreme weather conditions.
- May have travel and work out of town (rare assurance)
Mechanical Products Nevada At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.