Air Systems Engineering, Inc., a part of Comfort Systems USA, is one of the largest commercial mechanical contractors in the Northwest, specializing in Design/Build, Fabrication and Installation, Construction, Controls and Service. By providing quality installations and scheduled planned maintenance, Air Systems Engineering commits to providing efficient and reliable mechanical systems with years of dependable service and complete customer satisfaction. We are currently seeking a reliable and experienced Construction Technician who has the desire and flexibility to work at least 40 hours per week. The right individual must be a team player who works and communicates well with people at all levels while maintaining full ownership of assigned responsibilities.
This position requires an individual that has a wide range of construction skills; such as installation of commercial HVAC equipment, sheet metal ducting, gas and refrigerant piping, and installation of electrical control wiring. While this wide range of experience is required, our construction team utilizes each employee's strengths to ensure work is completed efficiently and to a high standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required of a Commercial Construction Technician.
WAGE RANGE: $25.00 to $45.00 per hour
- Represent the Company and yourself in a positive manner by maintaining a clean and neat appearance.
- Be professional and courteous to internal and external customers.
- Effectively co-ordinate with different trades, general contractors and shop personnel.
- Read and understand drawings, control and electrical diagrams.
- Install control wiring, refrigeration, gas and hydronic piping per applicable building and electrical codes, maintaining a high quality of your installations.
- Ability to read and apply manufacturers installation instructions and install equipment and materials per specifications.
- Ensure materials are recorded on stock transfer sheets.
- Coordinate with production office and shop on material delivery dates.
- Ability to do equipment check, test, start and effectively trouble shoot equipment problems.
- Demonstrate ability to develop a visual and practical job layout and work plan.
- Develop knowledge of electrical and applicable building codes.
- Develop knowledge in HVAC direct digital controls.
- Demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Actively pursue additional training on any equipment or controls as needed or required through self-study, corporate training, workshops, in-house or manufacturer classes.
- Demonstrate personal initiative and drive.
- Assist in developing and improving co-worker s installation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively on a team and individually.
- Comply with and help to enforce compliance of policies and procedures, as outlined by company and management, to ensure an efficient, productive, and safe working atmosphere.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to all ASEI safety policies and procedures.
- Performs all work in a safe manner.
- Drives ASEI vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Identifies and documents all site hazards.
- Uses proper forms to document fall protection work plans and job site hazard analysis.
- Communicates all risks that need attention to the Service Supervisor or Safety Representative.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 4-5 years mid-level or journey-level experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Washington State Driver s License (required).
- 06A Electrical license or active trainee card with ability to obtain 06A license within 90 days (required).
- Valid Scissor/boom lift certification (preferred)
- Gas piping license (preferred)
- Refrigeration license (Preferred)
- OSHA 10, Fall Protection, CPR/First Aid, asbestos awareness, heat related illness and lead awareness training (preferred, but also provided)
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly wages with weekly pay
- Job stability, ongoing training, and career path development
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with company premium contribution
- Company paid basic life insurance, long-term disability, and three Employee Assistance Programs [EAP]
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Voluntary [employee paid] benefits for short-term disability, additional life insurance, and AFLAC programs
- 6 Paid holidays per year
- 80 Hours vacation pay, accrued by hours worked and available after 90 days [accrual increases at 5 and 10 years of service]
- 24 hours personal paid time off [prorate upon 1 year of service, then January 1st annually thereafter]
- Financial assistance with licensing and CEU costs
- Discretionary tool reimbursement of $300 to $600 per year, after 1 year of employment
- Discretionary bonuses
To be considered for employment, applicants must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to consider applicants that are minors or require sponsorship for employment visa status. We are an equal opportunity workplace and applications for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Written offers of employment are contingent upon candidates successfully passing a criminal background inquiry, pre-employment drug screen, and driving record inquiry.
Air Systems Engineering Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.