Construction Field Manager
The Field Manager manages all aspects of the assigned home building processes according to Starlight Homes’ quality standards and local building codes. They are responsible for adhering to budgets, maintaining the construction schedule, and providing the level of service required to achieve the established customer satisfaction goals.
Major Functional Responsibilities: (Included but not limited to)
- Schedule according to the division Scheduling System and ensure all construction activity follows the established critical path and cycle time requirements
- Ensure all homes are 100% complete on or before the established Homeowner Orientation date
- Communicate with sales regarding the status of all homes under construction on a weekly basis
- Properly conduct and document scheduled customer appointments through post-closing protocols
- Ensure each trade’s understanding of and strict adherence to established Scopes of Work, schedules, plans, specifications, and quality standards
- Review all applicable job-specific information with trade contractors prior to the commencement of work
- Ensure conflicts with trade contractors are handled promptly and fairly
- Measure and evaluate trade contractor performance and provide feedback on a regular basis
- Solicit feedback from trade contractors on methods of improving processes, systems, and construction techniques
Job Site and Community Management:
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness, appearance, and safety of entire community
- Know and enforce all job site rules, regulations, and safety protocols per Starlight Homes’ safety program
- Maintain all established erosion control measures and land development features
Construction Cost and Material Control:
- Ensure each home is built in accordance with established budget parameters
- Propose cost saving ideas when appropriate
- Correctly identify and document all variances and determine their cause to ensure future elimination
- Ensure all material deliveries are accurate regarding quality and quantity, and are stored to protect against theft, damage, or misuse.
- Resolve any questions or problems regarding invoices and/or payments with the appropriate parties
- Adhere to all established policies and procedures for authorization and payment of contract and non-contract work
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques per Starlight Homes’ scope
- Review plan accuracy and properly communicate any problems to the Architectural Department through the revision process
- Walk all homes under construction daily according to division practices
- Conduct all quality control inspections in accordance with company requirements
- Proactively communicate any construction, customer service or safety issues to management with suggestions for resolution.
Construction Knowledge and Skills:
- Maintain current and appropriate knowledge of all national and local codes
- Maintain appropriate estimating skills
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all scopes of work
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize several tasks without compromising quality of work
- Maintain current knowledge of the systems and policies of all company departments
- Successfully complete all Field Manager training segments
- Computer literacy, proficiency with MAC, Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and ability to learn new programs as needed.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all established paperwork, reports, and files in accordance with the company format and time frames
- Conduct weekly meetings with the community sales associate in accordance with the established agenda
- Present a professional image in accordance with company appearance standards
- Maintain a high level of ethics and integrity in all dealings
- Maintain a personal time management system to facilitate organization and efficiency
- Has overall responsibility for all homes under construction
- Attend and pass all required Starlight Homes training programs (management and technical)
Typical Physical and Mental Demands:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English. Must be able to perform calculations.
- Employees in the position are required to be able to hear and have vision sufficient to utilize all equipment.
- Use of hands and fingers is required to utilize standard equipment.
- Use of feet and legs required to walk, climb, and maneuver with construction sites.
- Requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- These physical requirements are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions if requested.
- Work is generally performed on the construction sites. Occasional work will be performed in a typical office environment. Work is typically active in nature, and typically in fast paced environment.
- Degree in Construction Management or equivalent experience preferred
- 3-5+ years of positions in construction – production builder preferred
- 3-5+ years of home-building experience preferred
- Support all members of the team, and exude a collaborative approach to ensure the success of self and others
- Maintain an adaptable and flexible attitude
- Must be able to handle high volume situations
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and decision making skills
- Demonstrate an understanding and excitement regarding Starlight Homes’ outlook. This includes the opportunity to be a part of a team that is building a strong foundation of values and culture, and the ambition to grow the company into greatness
Starlight Homes At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.