We are currently seeking a qualified person to fill the position of Carpenter. Qualified candidate should have a minimum of 2 years experience as a Carpenter Helper
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Accurate Setting of both wood and steel concrete forms on grade. Some vertical forming required.
- Must be able to achieve tight form joints at intersections and square forms.
- Light slab preparation, light excavation and back-filling with a shovel.
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
- Measure materials or objects for installation or assembly.
- Cut wood components for installation.
- Review blueprints or specifications to determine work requirements.
- Mark reference points on construction materials.
- Assemble temporary equipment or structures.
- Repeated standing, bending, pushing and pulling for a minimum of eight (8) hours a day.
- Ability to understand directions and read blueprints.
- Ability to solve mathematical problems quickly and accurately.
- Ability to properly care for and use tools of the trade.
- Thorough understanding of carpentry principles and methods.
- Works well as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of vocational school or technical college or apprenticeship program; OR at least three years of experience via on-the-job training required.
- Prolonged periods standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to safely work with sharp tools or power equipment.
Seretta Construction At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.