Commissioning Field Engineer 2
The Commissioning Engineer team is responsible for performing final testing, startup, and commissioning of low and medium voltage electrical distribution equipment, including breakers, transformers, switches, switchgear, relays, and motor control centers, as well as other electrical apparatus both in the field and in a manufacturing environment. An understanding of sophisticated electrical distribution systems of complex electrical test equipment is required. You will contribute to a safe working environment for co-workers and customers and help ensure the overall success of projects. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
- Assists more experienced Commissioning specialist coordinating, and reviewing electrical deliverables
- Prepares and reviews simple electrical sketches, CX plans, and data sheets
- Performs simple routine electrical calculations
- Assists in review of supplier documentation for compliance with specifications
- Uses the electrical engineering web site to access department guides and standards
- Basic knowledge of Commissioning, inspection and Testing of electrical components and system
- Knowledge of basic electrical engineering theories
- Basic power system familiarity with switchgear, transformers, circuit breakers, power panels, protection relays, UPS systems, power monitoring systems, test equipment, etc.
- Proficient with technical writing
- Knowledge of advance mathematics
- Basic awareness of industry codes and standards
- Good communications skills
- Willing to travel to customer sites periodically
- 4-6 years of experience OR Associate’s degree and 2-4 years of experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in Related field
M.C. Dean, Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.