Commercial Refrigeration Technician - Support Hannaford
Store Code: Maintenance Food Lion (2764557)
Retail Business Services, ranked No. 25 on Fast Company’s 2022 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, which includes Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop.
Primary Purpose: Responsible for providing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on assigned stores’ HVAC, ice machines and refrigeration systems for assigned stores. This position will complete assigned work orders, including data entry in maintenance service tracking system (Service Channel), and respond to afterhours calls. Individual will be accountable for Refrigeration/HVAC spend for assigned stores by minimizing equipment failures, refrigerant loss, and maintaining department system set points to optimize energy efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and/or oversee the day-to-day efficient operation, maintenance, and repair needs of assigned stores, include but not limited to HVAC, electrical, lighting, energy management, and hardware.
- Plan and/or generate work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment, and materials to complete assignments and work order system entries in a timely manner and in accordance with EPA Regulations.
- Inspect and evaluate all areas of assigned stores, offering suggestions for improvements; taking proper corrective action when necessitated (troubleshooting and repair of refrigeration systems, ice machines, air conditioning, heating, and related systems as appropriate, etc.).
- Act as a trusted advisor to recommend repairs and upgrades to assigned store managers and maintenance supervisors.
- Ensure adherence to safety guidelines, including practicing safe work habits, utilizing appropriate safety equipment, and reporting unsafe conditions
- Coordinate and/or conduct the day-to-day organization, and completion of preventive maintenance.
- Effectively communicate to the appropriate stakeholders the status of building operations and conditions; promptly reporting any potential or ongoing problems.
- Update Control set-points for refrigeration systems and EMS controls.
- Responsible for electrical control wiring and troubleshooting of controls.
- Analyze mechanical operation of refrigeration and HVAC units for proper operation.
- Assist Supervisor in facilitating timely and cost-effective repairs of electrical, and building components and systems including doors, door frames, gaskets, latches, and closures on refrigerated cases.
- Accountable for Refrigeration/HVAC spend for assigned stores including repairs to equipment, refrigerant leak rate, and providing the most economical method to repair and maintain equipment.
- Additional job duties may be assigned as needed to meet the needs of the business and support our Values.
- Respond to work order requests and after-hours emergency calls (including on nights and weekends)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- EPA Certification (Universal)
- State Licensures, if required
- 3+ years’ experience in a related field
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to climb ladders for service above ceilings and roof access to equipment
- Ability to lift/carry 50 lbs. and lift/move 100 lbs. (with assistance)
- Ability to answer after-hours/weekend emergency service calls
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to travel daily, throughout assigned region, in company provided work vehicle
Retail Business Services At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.