This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
Commercial HVAC Installer
Vectra Mechanical is looking for a commercial HVAC installer. Our commercial division is actively seeking a new team member to utilize their experience and knowledge to provide an honest service of the highest quality to our customers.
- Install HVAC related equipment and accessories in accordance to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Install gas lines, flue pipes, and wiring for both high and low voltage wiring applications as well as run flue liners.
- Install copper refrigerant lines to air conditioning units, including soldering and brazing.
- Design, fabricate and install various ducts and duct fittings as necessary.
- Properly connect gas lines to heating equipment.
- Perform start-ups on heating, cooling systems and other components.
- Perform limited diagnostics, as necessary.
- Train, coach and mentor apprentices.
- Braze copper joints without leaks.
- Pull vacuums on refrigerant systems and test for tightness.
- Install and program all versions of thermostats.
- Install, wire and plumb all IAQ products.
- Set an air conditioner, heat pump, furnace or air handler
- Deliver equipment needed to complete the installation and remove old equipment.
- Keep vehicle clean and in safe working order (if issued).
- Effectively communicate with the customer regarding questions, concerns and problems.
- Accurately complete all required documentation on services performed. Inform a manager or team leader of any safety issues.
- Maintain a courteous demeanor with customers and associates at all times.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by wearing company approved uniform.
- Abide by all standards of performance and ethics.
- Participate in company sponsored training classes.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain safe working conditions of the install crew.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of verifiable work experience in installation.
- Knowledge of the fundamental operational functionality of residential air conditioning, heating, and ventilation equipment.
- Knowledge of installation and layout requirements of residential duct work and fittings.
- Able to read wiring diagrams and troubleshoot problems with refrigerant, electrical, and duct systems on HVAC equipment.
- Possess good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must be highly organized with good attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Function in a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license, and approved to drive by Company’s insurance carrier.
- EPA Certified.
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- NATE Certification or other trade certification preferred but not required.
- Prior work experience in the HVAC industry as an HVAC Install Apprentice.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Vectra Mechanical At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.