Commercial Construction Lead Carpenter
Our Services & Repair Lead Carpenter collaborate with management, sales staff, engineers, architects, and the customers to determine the scope and specifications of the project. They self-perform building repairs, review potential projects, prepare proposals (as needed), and negotiate remodeling and repair contracts with subcontractors to reach profitable agreements. This multi-faceted position focuses on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations by adhering to financial projections, scheduling requirements, and ensuring that projects are completed in a quality, profitable and safe manner.
Service Project Management (30%)
- Assists Senior PM, Sales, or Business Development team members with reviewing potential projects, and identifying the scope of work, materials, subcontractors, and equipment needed to produce accurate proposals.
- Qualifies subcontractors/supplier’s bids and proposals
- Assists with preparation of estimates and project budgets for customer review
- Assists with labor requirements and creation of field staff weekly scheduling
- Coordinates and communicates with management, sales staff, clients, field staff and subcontractors to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Ensure project materials and resources are delivered to job site in timely manner and subcontractors are compliant with, Rice Companies requirements
- Maintain project schedule and project budgets to ensure job is being completed in a timely and cost-effective manner; also ensures customer scheduling requirements are being met
- Review job costs weekly and approves subcontractor/vendor billings
- Meet weekly with Services Management to quickly identify areas of concern and resolve potential problem situations related to job/s
- Works with subcontractors and customers regarding changes to project and their eventual addition (or decrease) to overall project cost, ensuring potential Change Order is understood/accepted by all parties.
- Oversee project completion and approves final invoicing sent to client
Service Project – Self Performed Work (70%)
Field service work may consist of but is not limited to:
- Metal and wood stud framing and layout
- Drywall hanging, wall sheathing, backing, blocking, and other rough carpentry
- Doors and hardware installation including metal and wood doors, exit devices, closers, etc.
- FRP installation and the installation of bath accessories and bath partitions
- Finish carpentry including the installation of cabinetry, running trim, or finishes
- Selective demolition including removing walls, flooring, ceilings, doors, finishes
- Occasional Pre-Engineered steel building erection or repair, which may include structural steel setting, metal wall and roof panel installation, building insulation and metal trim, flashing installation, and miscellaneous repairs.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated commercial construction experience
- Four (4) year construction management degree or its equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency of construction tools and equipment, including but not limited to saws, drills, levels, transits, hand tools, etc.
- Equipment certifications (scissor lift, forklifts, boom lifts, skid steer, etc.) preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Familiar with basic office
- Timberline/Sage 300 Estimating, QuickBooks skills are a plus
- Demonstrated performance of multiple tasks in a fast-paced construction services environment with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work closely and collaborate with team members, subcontractors, and customers in a professional manner
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lead and provide direction to others
Rice Companies At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.