This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
Collision Refinish Technical Rep. (Dallas / Fort Worth TX)
Where the Chemistry Happens
BASF Automotive Coatings Business Unit is driving surface solutions! EC employs 11,400 people operating in more than 70 sites worldwide.
In 2021, the Coatings division achieved global sales of about €3.4 billion, serving a wide range of industries. We are a global expert in the development, production, and marketing of coatings and solutions, including:
- Innovative and sustainable automotive OEM and refinish coatings
- Decorative paints
- Applied surface treatments for metal, plastic, and glass substrates
- Advanced solutions for sustainability, performance, and digitalization
- New business solutions through our “Innovation Beyond Paint” program
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team!
As a Collision Refinish Technical Service Rep., you will be responsible for the technical success of BASF’s automotive refinish products. You will maintain high quality customer service standards at some of the largest Body Shop organizations in the market through process development, correct application of products through teaching & hands on demonstrations and helping the sales team convert new business. You will work closely with the sales team to make sure our distribution partners are properly trained and can effectively sell and position our product offerings against competitive product lines.
In addition, you will work with the Business Development and Sales team to ensure identified Body Shop KPI’s are achieved. Territory mainly comprised of Dallas and Fort Worth, TX area.
As a Collision Refinish Technical Service Specialist, you create chemistry by…
- Training and developing our Body Shop and Distribution customers.
- Making process improvement recommendations that can be highly valuable to end users.
- Helping end users and/or distribution partners be more proficient in product application, selling and implementing new products and generating a positive experience with BASF branded products.
- Working to elevate your professional experience while adding value to our customers.
- Leading presentations that are focused on introducing new products to market and supporting a better understanding of BASF branded products.
- Participating in the technical aspect of the sales process.
- High School Diplomo or GED is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of Collision Refinish and Auto Painting experience
- Understanding Body Shop workflow and ability to offer technical support to body shop professionals. (color match, applications issues, paint defects, booth issues, sharing best practices that improve the body shop workflow and operations.)
- Experience of either training or working hands on with body shop professionals.
- Understanding of competitive products (automotive paints/coatings) and tools.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Comfortable using computer systems, Microsoft Office tools, and paint mixing systems and scales.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
BASF Corporation At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.