This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Central Office Installer/Level 4
Per Diem: $130 for food and lodging In upmarket. $105 for food and lodging In down market or national level Markets. Gas is compensated after 65 miles with a rental provided if traveling over 100.
We are currently seeking an Installer IV to join our team! If you are looking for a place to grow your skills and share our values, read below and see if this role is a match for you.
Under minimal supervision, the Level IV installer will perform a wide variety of field activities ranging from intermediate to advanced system work including installing, maintaining and servicing telecommunication equipment for a variety of carriers. The Installer should possess a clear understanding of Central Office Installation / CO Installation and Quality Standards contained in AT&T TP-76300 /76400 / Telcordia GR-1275, AT&T TP76300 and/or Verizon IP72202 Iss 5-1 core standards. May oversee the work of less experienced installers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead various types of installation projects.
- Read and interpret detailed specifications and drawings, blueprints, schematics, and method of procedures (MOPs).
- Install Frame and rack builds.
- Run multiple cable types including coaxial, power, fiber, and network transmission; Use a
- variety of specific connectors and terminating procedures Lacing, stitching, sewing cables
- Terminate DC power, rectifiers, PDUs, BDFB/BDCBBs, inverters, converters, raycaps and associated infrastructure used in telecommunications networks.
- Terminate cables using RJ45 connectors.
- Clean and scope fiber connectors, Document light levels and other readings with job specific testing equipment (ex: OTDR).
- Install ironwork (ladder rack) cable paths, horizontal and vertical pathways for fiber optic cable management systems and create a physical cable path for equipment and cable design.
- Tests and evaluates systems to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system.
- Complete detailed documents of work performed and provide daily status updates.
- Ability to serve as the installation in-charge person.
- Requires strong technical knowledge of current Network products with minimal training performed and recorded on Safety, Business Code of Conduct, Quality assurance and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
- Formal “Basic Installation” training course is required (or equivalent on the job training)
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the phases of product installation
- Familiar with AT&T TP-76300 /76400 / Telcordia GR1275 and Verizon IP72202 installation standards.
- Experience with major carriers like AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink, Sprint, SBC, T-Mobile, etc.
- Experience installing major OEM equipment like Ciena (5430/6500), Juniper (MX480/960/2020), Cisco (NCS2000/4000/ ASR9010), Calix C7, GPON, Fujitsu Flash wave 9500, Coriant hiT 7300, Cisco ASR, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good customer-faced skills.
- Proficient in using various computer equipment such as laptops, tablets, etc. as well as knowledgeable with various software platforms.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Valid Driver’s License.
WIVERSE At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.