Carpenter / Painter III (Non-Exempt)
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals - careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its "Top 100 Places to Work."
This is a highly-skilled position requiring advanced knowledge of carpentry and painting. The skills required for this position will allow the incumbent to resolve repair issues independently with little or no supervision. The Carpenter/Painter position will support mid-sized and large hospital campuses and will provide the necessary skill to maintain and repair various architectural finishes throughout the hospital and other medical buildings. Utilizes exceptional customer service and communication skills. The purpose of this position is to ensure a safe working environment and support an exceptional Environment of Care for Mercy.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Valid Driver's License for all Mercy locations
- Fire door maintenance training program with certificate of completion. Incumbents must have training. New hires will be required to complete training within 90 days of employment.
- UL fire stop training with certificate of completion. Incumbents must have training. New hires will be required to complete training within 90 days of employment.
Experience: 4 or more years commercial experience working as a carpenter and/or painter.
Other Skills and Knowledge:
- Requires oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers and follow instructions.
- Verbal ability required to read and understand technical manuals.
- Numerical ability required to make calculations for testing, installation, measurement, estimation and repair of equipment.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, conceptualize and formulate finished product.
- Form perception is required when measuring and installing parts and equipment.
- Spatial ability required to understand forms and relationships when working from blueprints or specifications.
- Requires knowledge and use of various computer software such as Outlook, TMS and/or Nuvolo.
- Ability to manage time and materials efficiently. Completes work assignments in a high-quality manner and the lowest cost to Mercy.
- Requires exceptional customer service skills and ability to achieve department goals.
- Requires general manual dexterity, basic math knowledge, and mechanical aptitude.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures, electric shock, and loud noise.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. 2 or more years of training in a Technical or Vocational School.
Experience: 5 to 10 years working as a painter and or carpenter in a healthcare, educational, or industrial setting.
Certification/Registration: Training in NFPA 80 regulations for fire door inspection and maintenance. Training in UL standards for fire stopping.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 32 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
maintenance, mechanic, facilities, HVAC< boiler, tech, refrigeration, painting, carpentry, journeyman, foreman, apprentice, associates, blue collar, trade, entry level, handyman, electritian, electric, plumbing, plumber, flipper
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Mercy At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.