Constructs, fabricates, installs and dismantles form work of fixtures of metal, wood and other accessories.
- Builds wooded structures, such as stairs, concrete forms, scaffolds, tunnel and sewer supports, and temporary frame shelters, according to blueprints, or oral instructions, and lays out and installs partitions and cabinet work.
- Examines blueprints, sketches or building plans for to determine material required and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Selects, loads, and hauls job material to work site.
- Prepares layout of form or fixture to be fabricated using lines or grades.
- Measures boards, timbers, or plywood using square, measuring tape and ruler and marks cutting lines on materials using pencil and scriber. Shapes materials to required sizes using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Verifies accuracy of structure with transit, plumb bob, square and level.
- Uses carpentry hand tools such as hammers, levels, squares, screw drivers, adjustable, wrenches, hand and power saws, drill motors and pry bars.
- Nails cleats (braces) across boards to construct concrete-supporting forms.
- Braces forms in place with timbers, tie rods, and anchor bolts for use in building concrete piers, footings, and walls.
- Erects frame work for structures and lays sub-flooring.
- Cuts and assembles timbers to build trestles and cofferdams.
- Erects scaffolding for buildings and other structures and installs ladders, handrails, walkways, platforms, and gangways.
- Constructs forms, chutes, and aligns form panels for pouring concrete and grout.
- Fits and installs pre-fabricated window frames, doors, weather stripping interior and exterior trim and finished hardware.
- Fits and nails sheathing on outer walls and roofs of buildings. Sets and braces anchor bolts.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities with tools and equipment.
- Ability to tie rebar.
- Operation of electric and pneumatic tools.
- May rig materials.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
LONG TERM MAINTENANCE PROJECT - NO PER DIEM
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Work at heights without fear.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
a. Standing 60% Walking 20% Sitting 20%
b. Lifting 50 lb.
Carrying 50 lb.
Pushing 70 ft-lb.
Pulling 70 ft-lb.
2. Climbing F
3. Stooping O
EXPLANATION OF SYMBOLS
NP Not Present
O Occasionally (0-33%)F Frequently (34-66%)C Constantly (67-100%)
Brown & Root Industrial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. BENEFITS: Brown and Root offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, and flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
Brown & Root At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.