Under minimal supervision, constructs, installs, repairs and renovates structures and fixtures of university offices, suites and laboratories.
- Prepares for upcoming jobs, produces material lists, notes other crafts likely to be involved and produces tentative schedule.
- Inspects work and double checks to make sure items and supplies are on hand.
- Identifies necessary changes and notifies appropriate parties.
- Inspects, notes repairs, orders equipment and supplies when needed.
- Assists in providing training, developing work schedules, technical direction, safety procedures, etc.
- Performs all regular job duties of carpenter as required.
- May serve on special task force during periods of emergency, such as floods, storms, hurricanes etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience. Requires a valid Texas Driver's License.
University of Houston At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.