The Carpenter Foreman is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activity of Carpenter workers to ensure that work is done safely, correctly, and timely. Possesses the ability to create sketches relating to the details of the work to be accomplished. Responsible for planning the job, ensuring time lines are respected, and necessary resources are obtained. Must have knowledge of advanced layout, use of simon forms, layout of anchor bolts, material takeoff from drawings, and safety requirements for building work. Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and learn to safely and effectively use or operate work related tools and equipment. Will be required to work in a plant operations or construction jobsite setting.
The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Inspect the quality of all work to ensure standards and specifications are met
- Assist workers in their duties and resolve problems
- Interpret and enforce company policies and safety regulations
- Read and interpret blueprints/sketches, and complete reports
- Build and set forms, use level instrument, tie rebar, build scaffold, finish carpentry work, read tape/ruler, set screeds, install batter boards, and operate various hand and power tools
- Assist other craft workers as needed
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may occasionally push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Hand/eye coordination
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing /pulling, or standing and lifting
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/supervisors and field workers
- Reading and writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details
- Requires strong leadership and motivational skills
Cajun Industries At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.