- 3-5 years previous verifiable finishing carpentry experience is required.
- Comfortably negotiate multistory heights.
- Ability to perform job safety analysis and report or correct any job site hazards.
- General knowledge of the construction industry and safe practices with the proficiency in the use of power and hand tools along with other construction related equipment.
- Must have own hand and power tools.
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 75 lbs., bending, digging, repetitive motion, and in weather related elements.
- Valid NYS Driver License and have own transportation.
- Candidate must be dependable, have organizational skills, be detail oriented and a team player, strong work ethic.
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Willingness to travel out of town
- Understanding of residential and commercial carpentry
- Casework, doors and hardware, hollow metal doors, cabinetry installation, etc.
- Measure, cut, and shape woods, plastic and other materials.
- Ability to read blueprints or other construction related documents.
- Help erect, level and install building framework, including wood and steel framing.
- Siding, roofing, fascia, soffits.
- Drywall hanging and finishing.
- Instruct and direct laborers and other construction helpers.
- 80 hrs paid vacation time
- 40 hrs paid sick time
- Health insurance
- 401K Match
Thompson Builds, Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.