Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Carpenter for projects in [Twin Cities area]. We combine more than 75 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
This position will construct, fabricate, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures to meet temporary and permanent building enclosure needs. This can include rough and finish carpentry such as installing interior/exterior blocking and backing, basic concrete formwork, and setting door frames. Construction uses wood, plywood, wallboard, plastic and other general building materials. Depending on the region, this may also include placing and finishing concrete.
Complexity and type of assigned work is dependent on skill level and years of experience.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Take personal responsibility for working safely within an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture.
- Read building plans and sketches for information pertaining to the type of material required and dimensions of the structure or fixture to be fabricated or installed.
- Determine the layout and placement of building materials and components as required by the specifications and work schedules using levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and any other necessary surveying equipment.
- Accurately measure, cut, and shape wood, plastic, and other building materials.
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and doorframes.
- Clean and maintain the work area and all hand and power equipment.
- Inspect work-in-progress to ensure that it conforms to the specifications, construction schedules, and quality standards as outlined in AP s quality management program
- Instruct and direct laborers and other construction helpers.
- Where applicable, complete basic concrete formwork.
- Utilize forming systems or handmade form systems.
- Place and finish concrete.
- Assure that workmanship is of the highest quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of carpentry experience and proven results including:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an apprenticeship program or equivalent training.
- Ability to properly lift, carry, push, and move materials, supplies, tools, and ladders weighing up to 100 pounds on a routine basis throughout the day.
- Physical agility to climb ladders, kneel, crouch down, and reach on a repetitive basis throughout the day.
- Ability to travel to project sites up to 70+ miles away.
- Willingness to work in various (sometimes extreme) climate conditions.
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, builders level, theodolite, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to proactively resolve construction issues.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand basic blueprints, specifications, and construction documents.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail.
- Ability to be self-motivated, set own goals and tasks, and contribute to a positive team environment.
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Certain positions and locations require COVID-19 vaccination, subject to reasonable accommodations for valid medical or sincerely held religious reasons.
Adolfson & Peterson Construction At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.