Responsible for layout, installation, of wood millwork, installing laboratory fixtures, miscellaneous specialties, hardware and various other carpentry duties. A carpenter is expected to know how to read and interpret blueprints or provided shop drawing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily, with or without accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to take, and follow directions given by a Foreman, Superintendent or General Superintendent while also working with minimal supervision
- Positively represent the company while fostering positive teamwork relationships with fellow employee owners
- Motivated and reliable with a strong work ethic
- Assisting supervisors with structural design, planning, layout, and installation
- Refer and adhere to the Performance Installations QA-QC Standards
- Follow PI’s Safety Manual and OSHA regulations
- Must be able to properly use all power tools needed to perform duties of a skilled carpenter
- Personally, own the specialty hand tools of the product you are installing
- Installation of AWW, CSWK, metal CSWK, DH&H, Installing standing running trim, wood, metal and plastic wall panels, guardrails, handrails and related carpenter duties
- Personally, own the specialty hand tools of a skilled carpenter for the various scope you are installing or building
- Preform installations with techniques that are the safest and most efficient way possible
- Be capable of meeting deadlines as an individual or as a team
- Must leave all projects or elevations 100% complete with the materials provided, leaving them clean and pre-punched
- Position is where you must always present a clean, professional appearance to our customers. You will be providing
services at city and county schools, government facilities and private companies
- Must be willing and able to unload trucks when needed
- This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the position
- Mechanical and Carpentry skills preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in finish carpentry and casework installation.
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment.
- Foster positive teamwork relationships with fellow employee owners.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to read blueprints and engineering drawings.
- Assembly and installation of commercial mill work and metal products including casework, counter tops, wall panels, accessories, wood and sports court flooring; gym equipment and hardware of various materials.
- Ability to communicate well with project manager and supervisors.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, and speak to use the telephone and to communicate with individuals both inside and outside the organization.
- Effectively communicate and follow oral and written instructions, and possess arm, hand, and finger dexterity to use when reaching, handling, grasping, or using a keyboard.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and stand.
- The employee must be able to lift, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to lift both arms overhead
- Able to kneel, bend, stoop and squat
This job description does not necessarily include all job functions and responsibilities. Employees may be asked to perform other additional related duties and tasks. Management reserves the right to revise and update job description at any time.
Haldeman-Homme Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
H2I Group At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.