Mack Studios is a global, award-winning, full-service design/build company located in Auburn, NY. We have been delivering creative display solutions to customers around the world for over 50 years. The company is renowned for its vision, quality, efficiency, and customer-focus. As a result, Mack Studios, Inc. has successfully partnered with many leading retailers and brand merchandisers to create innovative shopping experiences!
We pride ourselves on exceptional design capabilities, rapid prototyping, rollouts, logistics, and warehousing capabilities. The organization is a versatile and collaborative full-service firm bustling with creativity.
We are seeking an experienced, reliable, hardworking Carpenter to join our team. The Carpenter will focus on the construction of display show walls and cabinetry utilizing natural woods and HDPL.
- Accurate and timely construction of various custom projects utilizing hand tools and various machinery.
- Read blueprints or drawings of articles to be constructed or repaired and plan sequence of cutting or shaping operations to be performed.
- Marks outline or dimensions of parts on material in accordance with required specifications.
- Set up and operate various carpentry machinery such as power saw, jointer, mortiser, tenoner, molder, shaper, edge bander, etc. to construct project.
- Utilize various hand tools to fabricate and repair High Density Plastic Laminate (HDPL) cabinets and other high-grade furniture.
- Ensure materials match color, grain, or texture.
- Trim component parts of joints to ensure snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or files.
- Bores holes for insertion of screws or dowels by hand or using boring machine.
- Glues, fits, and clamps parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamping machine.
- Sands and scrapes surfaces and joints of articles to prepare articles for finishing.
- Repair high-grade articles of furniture, equipment, and fixtures
- Dip, brush, spray assembled articles with protective or decorative materials, such as stain, varnish, or paint.
- Install cabinetry components such as hinges, catches, drawer pulls, etc.
- Complete countertop fabrication in both Plastic Laminate and Solid Surface.
- Prior experience as a Cabinetry carpenter
- Aptitude for precision and keen attention to detail
- Ability to read blueprints/drawings
- Experience utilizing common hand tool and power tools
- Ability to effectively communicate and function in a fast paced environment
- Experience with HDPL a plus
Mack Studios At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.