You will matter at Interscapes!
If you don’t believe us, please watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGLFuzbfqPk We are implementing the Great Game of Business model with the goal of educating and empowering our staff to make an impact on our company and to share in the profits.
We are looking for a great individual to join our dedicated and enthusiastic staff to produce great architectural woodwork. Our goal at Interscapes is to be an employer of choice! We want our staff to want to come to work and we want our staff to be fully engaged in making Interscapes a supplier of choice to our customers. We believe that our staff matters, and we strive to have a team of individuals that are fully engaged in making Interscapes a better place to work. We have opened our financial books and we are teaching our staff how they can learn how a company functions so they can make a greater impact in the company so that we can grow and share in the profits.
Interscapes, Inc. is one of the leading Architectural Woodworking firms in the Midwest and we are looking for a great individual to join our dedicated and enthusiastic staff to assemble and laminate cabinets, operating standard woodworking equipment such as a table saw, sliding table saw and hand power tools. This person must also be a reliable, hardworking, and self-motivated individual. Must pass a drug and background check.
Check out our website and video @ www.Interscapes.us
Job Type: Full-time
Cabinet making school and/or 1 year shop experience preferred
Assembling commercial grade cabinets.
Working independently or as part of a team, using a full range of cabinetry skills and techniques in constructing cabinets and other items per customer specifications.
Cut and shape materials using saws, planers and sanders.
Read and understand blueprints.
Take measurements of materials to establish suitable dimensions for a finishing product
Assemble components using nail guns, clamps and fasteners
Math Skills: Basic knowledge of measuring and calculating dimensions of a project using a tape measure.
Assisting in any/all other areas of production as needed and Flexibility to pitch in wherever needed depending on company needs.
Physical strength/dexterity: Possess the strength required in lifting and handling of heavy materials as well as possessing the coordination required in using cabinetry tools (50lbs and on occasion up to 85lbs with co-worker assistance.
Willingness to learn and attention to detail
A work history that demonstrates that you are able to get along well with people and are energized by a fast-paced work environment.
All work is performed in a production environment and is subject to temperature variations.
Overtime is required from time to time.
Must have Reliable transportation to and from work.
Pay Range- $17 and up DOE
Interscapes offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance; dental insurance; voluntary life insurance; voluntary short-term disability; paid vacation; paid holidays; and an employer-matched 401k plan. In addition our business model rewards employees with quarterly gain share of profits.
This is who we want to become!
Our mission is to develop, empower and serve each other, so that together, we can exceed our customers’ expectations in service, quality, and timeliness with the goal of being their number one supplier.
Our vision is to be a ‘’world class’’ architectural woodworking firm
Our Vision statement should help us make long term decisions, such as hiring staff, creating standard operating procedures, improving, and maintaining our facilities, and purchasing software and equipment. We could ask the question like, will this decision help us become a ‘’world class’’ architectural woodworking firm?
Our Core values.
- Excellence all day long. [ Everything we do should be done well, no short cuts]
- Respect, Honor, Listen & Care. Let’s listen and act and practice the Golden Rule.
- Hungry yet humble and smart Hungry + work hard. humble enough to except advice, say sorry when needed and open to advice. Smart equals good with your job and people.
- Make it better together, Work smarter not harder. [ It’s everyone’s job is to improve / Mini Games ]
- Fun, we want to have fun together and make work more enjoyable.
What do our customers want?
- Quality cabinets, without defects.
- They want every step of the process in a timely manner; they don’t like waiting for things like bids, revisions, samples, drawings, installs, and punch lists.
- They want to work with sincere, respectful, solution-oriented people who care about them.
Guidelines to work by.
- Every person matters here at Interscapes. There is no one here that is more valuable than anyone else! We will always honor and respect and elevate each other in the company.
- We need to work hard, but we need to make time to celebrate our successes and accomplishments. We all need to be positive with our coworkers and tell them when they have done a good job. Everyone likes to receive a compliment, so let’s all give compliments as much as we can.
- Safety it is required by all. Everyone is responsible to look for ways to be safe and to prevent injuries. For example: If the sidewalk is icy, I will scrap, shovel and salt it; I will not wait for someone else to do it.
- Our customers matter big time. Without them we do not need to exist. Dissatisfied customers hurt our company. Satisfied customers improve and grow our company. Great organizations fight to win and keep loyal customers. We are all responsible to ensure the satisfaction, retention, and loyalty of our customers.
- No assumptions. We never assume anything. We should always follow up on dates, orders, directions, selections, thoughts, and worries. It is each of our responsibilities to get the facts correct for every little detail.
- Own and Resolve problems. We all make mistakes, and we want to have a culture where we don’t beat up anyone for a mistake. We want everyone to own and acknowledge mistakes because it’s the right thing to do. Let’s resolve issues quickly and move on. If you need help resolving an issue just ask and we will get you help. If you or we make an error with a customer, vender or coworker please acknowledge it, apologies for it and tell them that we will make it right. PLEASE do not give them any excuses as they don’t want to hear them.
- We all need to strive to make our processes better. Everyone’s input is 100% important and essential. It is our responsibility to continually seek opportunities to innovate and improve.
- It is everyone’s job to be a great team player and to work on creating a better team.
- Follow through. It is everyone’s responsibility to make sure they do what is asked of them. If anyone needs help or more time to accomplish the task, they just need to ask for help. If they cannot get it done, they need to let their supervisor know immediately.
- Protecting the company’s assets. It is everyone’s responsibility to conserve, take care, maintain, and protect company property.
- Organization and Cleanliness. Everyone is responsible for their work area to be organized and clean. We are also all responsible to respect each other and our customers and to present ourselves dressed and groomed in an appropriate manner.
- We will use kind and appropriate language to everyone we encounter during our workday. We represent everyone else in the company, so it is everyone’s responsibility to honor each person we meet. You are an ambassador of Interscapes.
- Gossip will not be tolerated. If there is a problem, we are responsible to go the person that can fix the problem. We will not complain and or whine to anyone in the company about a problem that they are not responsible for. Gossip is destructive and no one likes a gossip.
- We want all employees to act and think like owners. If you were to quit today would your supervisor want to hire you back? If the answer is no, you might be lacking ownership in your job.
- Call the customer before they call us. It is our responsibility to look out for the customers’ needs. If we see a problem or a delay, we should call them immediately to let them know.
Interscapes is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, protected veteran status, familial status, or other characteristic protected by law.
Interscapes At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.