CPWS Business Development Manager, Diageo Whiskey On Premise - Orange County & North San Diego, CA
What You Need To Know
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is North America’s preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
Southern Glazer’s offers a competitive compensation package with a salary range of $75,000-$120,000 plus bonus, incentives, and auto allowance. This salary range is an average range for this position. In determining a final offer, the company will evaluate a specific candidate's education, skills and experience and will make an offer appropriately.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer’s, you’ll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you’re looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for managing and strategically growing Diageo’s business through influential leadership.
- Account Relationship/Business Development:
- Visit assigned account universe on regular basis
- Continually develop key account relationships – become a trusted advisor
- Responsible for achieving category objectives, key performance indicators, and targets by implementing strategies and tactics while managing customers in a manner that will achieve sustainable long-term growth
- Accelerate Diageo brands quicker than assigned category in allotted accounts
- Identify market trends and developments in product categories, geographic regions, and among the entire account base, so you are the Category Expert within account universe compared to the competition.
- Advise on shelf space and menu placements
- Account Activation:
- Promote account level activation, working with local team and agency to execute (where available)
- Partner with sales consultant & area manager to inform/educate on programs, tools & execution happening in assigned account universe
- Create, coordinate, and attend on-site promotional functions (e.g., launches, tastings, dinners, etc.)
- Collaborate with CPWS Trade Development & Diageo Activation teams to localize tools for programming, activation, education & execution
- Program Execution:
- Conducts customer staff training on focus category/brands
- KPI’s may include Education, Consumer Engagement, Trade Engagement, Staff Trainings, Trade Events, Digital Engagement including Social Media Execution, Website Displays, & Digital Education
- Provide recaps of market opportunities and successes
- Providing support for achieving revenue, margin, and gross profit targets.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- One year of demonstrated supervisory experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects on time and budget
- Demonstrated success in building and improving relationships with suppliers and buyers combined with established and effective rapport
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision-making and quantitative analysis skills to provide insights into performance and efficiency opportunities
- Strong planning and organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Mixology experience preferred for positions with On Premise responsibilities
- Excellent customer service skills in all interactions with internal and external customers, including but not limited to personnel from other divisions, vendors, suppliers, and other departments
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills to build relationship and collaboration across different departments, sometimes virtually
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.