- Must be able to tour all vessels, piers, docks and work sites
- Frequently lift, push, pull, reach and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, kneel, and squat. Use hands to handle, or feel, and talk or hear
- Hand-eye coordination, quick reaction time, control precision, depth perception and manual dexterity
- Must be able to work outdoors under all weather conditions, and at depths of 100 feet below or above ground
- Noise level in the shipyard work environment can be loud. No fear of heights.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment
- Build, layout and/or install stairs, partitions, framing using marine adhesives, biscuit joinery, nails, staples and screws.
- Scribe, cut and shape materials and structures using hand, power and stationary tools.
- Fit and install pre-fabricated items including window frames, door jambs, doors and other trim and hardware pieces.
- Install insulation in ceilings, walls and other compartments.
- Use a variety of solvents to clean surfaces, tools and equipment.
- Apply and replace appropriate protective materials to finished surfaces.
- Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Structural Welders work on the main structures ranging from the outer hull and internal structures such as bulkheads and decking, to the missile tubes and Nuclear Reactor casing
- Able to layout, burn, and prepare plate for installation.
- Familiar with filler wire controls, filler wire selection and acceptable weld preparation techniques.
- Have working knowledge of weld procedural requirements, special requirements and safety requirements for the accomplishment of tasks
- Ability to operate basic fabrication equipment such as saws, drill presses, etc.
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure, precision scales, and calipers
- Ability to read blueprints and confer with building or project supervisor on job specifications
- Conduct complete tool checks before operating equipment
- Move construction materials, earth, and other heavy materials at job sites
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years experience in related field required
- Ability to obtain base badge where assigned
- Successfully complete any specific safety or job training that may be required by the customer, job and/or the contract with client.
- The capacity to read and fabricate products from manufacturing blueprints and drawings is required
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Must be able to read, write, hear, interact and communicate with all types of personnel
W. F. Magann Corporation At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.