Business Development Manager
We are looking for a Unicorn. Are you a genuine, nice person with a history in product development and low volume manufacturing? Are you a seasoned business development professional able to demonstrate revenue generation and client happiness? If so, let’s connect.
About Goddard: Founded in 1997, Goddard is a full-service product development and low volume manufacturing firm specializing in the design and development of medical technology, life science and industrial products. Drawing from the collective expertise of its experienced designers and engineers, Goddard’s mission is to deliver outstanding solutions that positively impact lives and drive our clients’ ultimate success. We have offices in Beverly, MA and San Diego, CA.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for growing profitable revenue by securing new business; priorities include new product development and pilot/low volume manufacturing. You will maintain client satisfaction through effective account management activities. Target markets include medical devices, life science, industrial automation, and robotics.
- Research, identify, and engage new prospects; convert prospects to qualified leads; close new business.
- Build a well-qualified pipeline and execute each phase of the sales process to win opportunity.
- Drive sales opportunities by providing leadership and orchestrating internal and external resources.
- Support industry, market and competitive analysis anticipating customer needs to inform marketing and sales strategies.
- Communicate customers’ needs internally and provide the necessary leadership in preparing internal key stakeholders to develop compelling proposals. Use industry knowledge to understand the competitive landscape.
- Exercise flexibility with prospects to respond and adapt based on their needs while maintaining awareness of Goddard’s capabilities; effectively engage multiple buying audiences.
- Build customer rapport throughout the sales process. Identify decision makers and influencers, develop champions and access economic buyers.
- Discover and manage customers’ decision criteria, metrics for success, and contracting processes.
- Articulate Goddard’s differentiators with proof to achieve positive business outcomes.
- Manage and report on CRM content including but not limited to accounts, contacts, opportunities, and lead follow through.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and Goddard information not yet known to other individuals, companies, the public, or other entities.
- Be a motivating, positive, and success driven individual who is familiar with the latest product development & production processes.
- Manage accounts, focusing on client satisfaction with consideration of contractual requirements and Goddard necessities. Participate in major rescoping, schedule changes, and issue resolution.
- Collaborate with project leads to address major deviations impacting time, investment and quality with the client.
- Address late invoices with clients.
- Regularly attend industry networking events and trade shows.
- 5+ years sales experience in a product development consultancy involved in medical devices, life science, industrial automation and/or robotics.
- Development and execution of sales strategies.
- Medical and/or industrial QMS and Regulatory knowledge.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and a CRM platform (HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.).
- Demonstrable knowledge of managing B2B sales processes and managing accounts.
- Proposal writing.
- Excellent verbal (presentation) and written communication skills.
- Professional sales training.
- Territory: Primarily the western half of the U.S.; strong focus on California.
- Travel: Required. Primarily domestic, estimated at 40% of working time.
- Location: Residence in the San Diego area is preferred; the western half of the U.S. is acceptable.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree is desirable, preferably in an engineering, healthcare, robotics, or industrial automation related field; a Master’s degree in a similar field or business administration is preferred.
- Supervisory responsibility: None. Extensive hours: Occasional, as required.
Please note: Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of any employment Visa at this time.
Goddard believes that everyone is entitled to fair opportunities and equal employment rights. We comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring and the terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, compensation, promotion, discipline, or termination. Goddard is firm on its policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of qualification and merit and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, public assistance status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Goddard, Technologies, Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.