Body / Upholstery Technician - Valley Metro
Knowledge and Experience:
- Five (5) years progressive heavy equipment body/collision repair and refinishing required.
- Two (2) years technical degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experienced in general body and upholstery repairs.
- Additional training from mechanical/technical schools, courses, or seminars desirable
- High school diploma or GED and valid AZ driver's license required
- Experience with paint mixing/color matching, spot blending required
- Must have an in-depth understanding of the design, adjustment, and repair of ADA safety equipment including but not limited to ADA securement devices, doors and sensitive edges, wheelchair ramp functions
- Must be able to work amid constant interruptions, have ability to prioritize and be detail oriented
- Must have leadership skills and ability to mentor and provide instruction
- Must have good communication skills, ability to both verbally and in written format document questions and diagnostic information to management personnel
- Must be able to perform physical activities including working on top of coaches and lifting up to seventy-five (75) pounds
- Must be flexible and work in a 24/7 environment
- Must have clean driving record and be able to obtain a Commercial Driver's License, Class B with passenger endorsement
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Evidence of a "safety first" attitude
- Must have computer skills for the ability to diagnose all sub-components of a Transit coach
- Must have ability to understand and follow schematics
- Intermediate level computer skills (including Microsoft applications)
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, diligent, and able to operate independently with limited supervision (completing assigned work accurately and in a timely manner)
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Sound judgement: Good problem-solving and analytical skills (troubleshoot technical issues, communicate, and document solutions to non-technical parties)
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be flexible and work in a 24/7 environment
- Examines damaged vehicle and efficiently plans repair process
- Provides assessment and evaluation of major collision damages
- Creates parts requests for accident damages and works with parts department to ensure timely order and follow up of required parts
- Performs major frame and structural damage repairs
- Re-upholster and replace all types of bus seating
- Performs welding with MIG, TIG and stick welder equipment
- Uses oxygen/acetylene welding equipment to braze and solder
- Repairs coaches concentrating on major complicated/complex problems including but are not limited to, ADA equipment, chassis, doors, safety equipment, sensitive edges, wheelchair ramp
- Performs upgrades and/or modifications on coach systems and equipment per manufactures recommendations or client requests
- Performs all aspects of paint work, verifies proper surface preparation, color matches, spot repairs and full body applications
- Records all labor in OCTA and provides comprehensive repairs notes
- Works and communicates with others on vehicle repair status
- Performs quality repair while keeping on-time status in mind.
- Makes decisions on repair VS. Considering safety, cost, and cycle time.
- Removes upholstery, accessories, electrical, hydraulic equipment, and trim to gain access to all parts of vehicle.
- Files, grinds and sands, repairs, and paint surfaces using power tools and hand tools.
- Familiar with all aspects of collision repair including frame repair, welding, bondo, prep work, sanding, primer, and paint.
- Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon receiving a favorable background check. Must pass a physical examination.
- Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis. By placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees, customers, and communities. Together we can become the most successful transportation company in the world.
- Environmental commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the communities in which we operate.
- EEO statement: Our policy is to afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Keolis is committed to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.
Keolis Transit America At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.